This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Connection: Not Set

The InControl Server Settings within sage will not let me configure the "HS Connection." The IP, send and receive ports indicate "valid" status.

Installed the latest versions for both Homeseer and InControl. Using Windows 7 and ports 10990-10992 are open.

Any suggestions?

Dwalters,

Next to the "HS Connection" does it say "Click to Set" or does it have a number (i.e. 1000)?

"HS Connection" is not something that is configured, rather the method by whcih Sage handshakes with the HS pluging. If the HS IP, send/receive ports are showing valid, you should have the button that says "Click to Set" next to "HS Connection"

The "HS Connection" value is actually set on the HS side and then sent to Sage and that is what is displayed.

Let me know.

Thanks, Mike!

Originally posted by dwalters View Post
    The InControl Server Settings within sage will not let me configure the "HS Connection." The IP, send and receive ports indicate "valid" status.

Installed the latest versions for both Homeseer and InControl. Using Windows 7 and ports 10990-10992 are open.

Any suggestions?

Comment

The text next to HS Connection displays "Click to Set". When I try to click, nothing occurs.

Also, I've since updated to the latest version and followed FAQ thread to clear network settings.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Any solutions found?
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Me too. Posted my SageTV detailed log on the latest release thread.

Comment

I think I figured out what was going wrong with my setup. The default Sage Send Port was set to 33990. I keyed that number into the Sage Plugin, but I kept getting an "Invalid" warning. So, I changed it in the HS/plugin to 10990 and did a HS/restart. Once, that was accomplished I went back to teh Sage Plugin application and keyed that new port in. The Sage Plugin then started talking to HS and I was able to key in my user-id and password. Once saved, it started working perfectly.

Hopefully, this helps someone else.
            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Mike - Steps taken tonight:

1. In the SageClient.properties file, added device ID 1000 at the end of line <lamansoft/incontrol/SageID=1000>

2. This allowed me to proceed to next step and enter user name and password.

3. When clicking on "Click to login", received an invalid user/password error.

4. Within homeseer, sent a text message to the sage device successfully. Appears communication from homeseer to sage is working.

5. Within homeseer, set logging to level <4>. From the logs, the user name and password was sent from sage. The correct user name and number of **** for password was displayed. Appears communication from sage to homeseer is working.

6. In the log, I'm receiving the following error: Error - Sage host not responding (192.168.76.100)

Comment

1. In the SageClient.properties file, added device ID 1000 at the end of line <lamansoft/incontrol/SageID=1000>

4. Within homeseer, sent a text message to the sage device successfully. Appears communication from homeseer to sage is working.

5. Within homeseer, set logging to level <4>. From the logs, the user name and password was sent from sage. The correct user name and number of **** for password was displayed. Appears communication from sage to homeseer is working.

6. In the log, I'm receiving the following error: Error - Sage host not responding (192.168.76.100)

I am getting the same experience.

Comment

Dwalters,

Thanks for the update. Lets try the following next:

- If you have a Firewall running on either the HomeSeer or Sage server, can you temporarily disable both and see if you experience the same issues?

-Are you running Sage in Service mode? If so, can you temporarily disable Service mode and start Sage on the main sage server directly?

- I am working on putting in some better logging to trap where the problem is.

Michael

Comment

Heatvent,

Thanks for the update. Lets start with the same steps as Dwalters:

- If you have a Firewall running on either the HomeSeer or Sage server, can you temporarily disable both and see if you experience the same issues?

-Are you running Sage in Service mode? If so, can you temporarily disable Service mode and start Sage on the main sage server directly?

- I am working on putting in some better logging to trap where the problem is.

Michael

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                    I am getting the same experience.

Comment

I have both firewalls disabled (and have in the past tries). Re: the service mode, not sure if I can do this. I use the WHS version which basically runs in service mode. I tried stopping the service and starting the sagetv app on the server but the service restarts.

Comment

OK, figured out I can disable service mode in WHS. So I tried it and no change. I went in manually and changed the sage.properties file to add the HS ID of 1000 and I get login settings in Sage, but still no luck logging in (says user ID / password are invalid). So basically the same experience as in service mode.

One thing I noticed is that in HS, the plugin shows the SageTV app sage app as "Logged In." Like dwalters, I can send a message from HS -> Sage and works fine. It's just in Sage, the Sage plugin doesn't think it's logged in.

Not sure if that helps but I would guess the issue is on the SageTV side rather than the HS side.

Comment

Mike - In response;

1. The firewall was disabled. Should have been referenced earlier.

2. Disabled service mode on Sage Server and still receive invalid user/password. Note: While in service mode, the user/password is the same as homeseer with local+admin settings.

Also, I had similar results in changing the sage.properties file and adding a HS ID. However, I was able to configure the extender clients within the 'InControl_Sage' page within homeseer. I can push play on Sage and lights will come on.

Agree with Heatvent, it seems the issue is more toward the sage side not allowing to login.

Comment

Any progress, I haven't been able to use the Sage plugin for about 2 weeks now.

Comment

Heatvent/Dwalters,

Please download InControl 1.4.2 (in both HomeSeer Updater and Sage Plugins). This version has some better debug logging capability.

After the update:

- Set the HomeSeer log level to 3 (http://<homeseer>/InControl_Sage_config)
                              - Restart HomeSeer
                              - Restart Sage
                              - On Sage Go to the InControl screen/Options
                              - Click on Clear Settings and Restart
                              - Return to InContol in Sage and try the process again

After you are compelete, please post the following files:

InControlHS.Log - located in your main HomeSeer directory (C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2)

InControl.Log - located in your main SageTV directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV)

InControl.Log.1 - if you have such a file, also located in your main SageTV directory (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV)

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X