Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Message function pass along HS variables?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the Message function pass along HS variables?

I'd like to run an event to pass along the contents of a HS device (incoming phone number) when the event is triggered by HSPhone's ability to recognize when the phone is ringing. I can get the event to trigger properly, but I haven't been able to figure out how to pass along the information.

Any thoughts?
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Todd,

The "SageMessage" action in an event does not have a way to pass it a variable. However, you can change the event to perform a RunScript action and create a short script.

See the example below. If you need help getting access to your specific variable, let me know and I will be glad to try to help.

Thanks!

Code:
    Sub Main
        dim varStatus
        dim varText

varStatus=hs.DeviceStatus("A1")

if varStatus = 2 then
           varText = "ON"
        else
           varText = "OFF"
        end if 

hs.writelog "Script","varText = " + varText 
        hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").SendSageMessageByID "1000_1","Message from HomeSeer - Device is " + varText 
    End Sub

Comment

lamanmi, if you want to integrate my EXPR-function seen in the TwittSeer plugin, just let me know and I'll send it to you.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
      X