Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of SageTV? Let's hope not. Google purchases SageTV.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of SageTV? Let's hope not. Google purchases SageTV.

The end of SageTV? Let's hope not.
    http://www.sagetv.com/index.html
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Wow. I've been using SageTV since v2. These partnerships/buyouts/mergers often don't work out best for the loyal user base, guess we wait and see.

Comment

Yeah, just look at what Cisco did to Flip I'm still mourning that one...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Sage was great. Lets just hope that they actually bring something similar enough to market with the technology that we do not lose the great functionality that Sage had. If they just can the product, then that would be very disappointing. There are things you could do with Sage that you couldn't really do with any other package, not to mention the extenders.

Now, this serves as a good example why you should download and KEEP your install files safe for these hobbies where we invest a LOT of personal time. This goes for Homeseer also. Remember, Google wants in on that too. Imagine that scenario, and then by Murphy's Law, your Homeseer setup would need a full reinstall for some crazy reason the next week, but if you didn't have your own backups of the installs, or a system backup, you would be lost....

Comment

Oh dear sweet Lord, I seriously hope SageTV "survives" the Google purchase. I was about to order a new HD300, but the store is closed!
          (Only one thing could be worse, like Yahoo buying HST to compete with Googles Android@Home)

I'm grabbing the latest downloads from here while I still can, just in case.

But this could also be something good! It's too early to tell, time will show.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I am guessing it's the end of SageTV as we know it. Not sure why else the store/downloads/etc. would be closed. The approach they took smacks of bye bye SageTV users we are shutting our doors (minus the forums being live before they annouce they are shutting them down). Now GoogleTV might be the next step but I am presume this will not be the same thing as SageTV.

Comment

What we have should still work right? Wait, unless the tv listings stop now. What about licensing. I have one of the HD100 units and so far so good but if my sage server crashes I guess I'm done.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                What we have should still work right? Wait, unless the tv listings stop now. What about licensing. I have one of the HD100 units and so far so good but if my sage server crashes I guess I'm done.
                What you have right now should work, yes. Licencing I don't know about.

EPG can be changed to XMLTV, as I had to for Norwegian EPG.

I seriously hope GoogleTV will be SageTV version 8 on steroids, but perhaps too much to hope for.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

It's a shame about Sage but the handwriting has been on the wall for more than a year now that they wanted to go to a more commercial model and sell it rather than keep it the hobbiest program that it's been. It's one of the reasons that I never switched and kept up with my GBpvr/Npvr PVR program. It's been flawless for years now and has only gotten better with age plus the developer does not seem to have the commerical plans for it that some others have had.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

oh boy, I just heard the news yesterday and I'm pretty nervous about Sage's future. I *finally* found a hobbyist DVR that passes muster with the S.O. and I've invested a lot of time and money into it. (HD100, HD200, HD300, placeshifters...) I started getting nervous when v7 was released without Mac support. I hope that's not the writing on the wall...
                    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

SageTV Version 7 Upgrade FREE

SageTV is offering version 5 and 6 users FREE upgrades to version 7. Refer to THIS thread we posted on those details.

BSR
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'm upgrading my parents SageTV, they are on version 6.

Comment

Nevermind, found it.

Comment

Working...
                          X