Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a javascript section which is usually at the top that contains the startplay function. Within this function should be the code sent back to HS.

Comment

Michael -

Is this the section you are referring to:

function startplay() {
      intMessage = currentPlaying.innerHTML;
      strFile = aCallerArray[intMessage-1][5];
      playMessage.src='/hspw?doaction=vmailplay&message_file=' + strFile;

Thanks.
      Ed

Comment

It looks like a call back to HS's hspw web server function with parameters of vmailplay as the action to be perfomred and the filename that was selected by button push. The hspw appears to be handled by the HS web server so we are not able to determine what commands are actually delivered. To go any further we will need HST to provide info which I believe is done via a help desk ticket.

/hspw?doaction=vmailplay&message_file=' + strFile

Do note that I did change mcsAudrey because of HS2's inability to write the .wav file and this may be related to support of audio to anything other than their speaker apps.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I will open up a ticket with HST and see where that takes us. I appreciate your help!

Ed

Comment

Michael -

The folks at homeseer are trying to help me out with this HS 2.0 mcsAudrey Voicemail playback issue. Geoff is trying to help me out, but has limited knowledge re. mcsAudrey. He would be willing to work with you to help hone in on the issue from both sides...I sure would appreciate your help...are you game?

Thanks.

Ed

Comment

I was contacted about a week ago and provided some feedback as well as indicating that my email was open and would welcome direct 3-way contact.

Comment

Thanks - you're great! I'll see what Geoff has to say.

Comment

Any update on this?

Hey... I just started using the audrey with HS 2.0 version and am having the same issue with not being able to play VM messages through the touchpad interface. The messages play fine on the 1.7 version of the touchpad interface. Is there any update on this?
                  Last edited by ; March 7, 2006, 09:51 AM.

Comment

No update

Originally posted by hokie97
                    Hey... I just started using the audrey with HS 2.0 version and am having the same issue with not being able to play VM messages through the touchpad interface. The messages play fine on the 1.7 version of the touchpad interface. Is there any update on this?

Sorry to say I didn't get too far with this functionality...I didn't have much luck with support on this and gave up. I definitely iss this functionality, so maybe between the two of us we can get this resolved?

Ed

Comment

I'm still willing to work with Geoff or anyone at HST, but there has been no contact from their side. I cannot do anything without their support.

Comment

I appreciate it Michael...You've been very forthcoming...Thanks! My support ticket got closed out even though it was not resolved. Perhaps I'll open another one...

Interestingly, I just found a similar thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115209

In which a potential workaround was identified...apparently if you use the Touchpad page with the skin set to PPC (PocketPC) then you can playback phone messages. I'm going to give this a shot as soon as I get home!! I will post my results as soon as I try it out.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Edvins
                          I appreciate it Michael...You've been very forthcoming...Thanks! My support ticket got closed out even though it was not resolved. Perhaps I'll open another one...

Interestingly, I just found a similar thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=115209

In which a potential workaround was identified...apparently if you use the Touchpad page with the skin set to PPC (PocketPC) then you can playback phone messages. I'm going to give this a shot as soon as I get home!! I will post my results as soon as I try it out.

Ed
                          Well, very interesting...I changed my skin to the PPC skin - and I can listen to my voicemail! Certainly a step in the right direction, and a bit of information we didn't hae before.

It's a step in the right direction because I can listen to VM on Audrey...But I still cannot delete VM's like I used to when I was using 1.7. This begs a few questions...

1) What is different between the XP skin and the PPC skin that would make this function differently?

2) Where are the delete VM buttons on the PPC skin?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Ed

Comment

These are questions that only HST is likely able to answer. Since your prior ticket was closed, then I suggest you open a new one and include the additional information that you have just learned.

Comment

Opening new ticket

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                              These are questions that only HST is likely able to answer. Since your prior ticket was closed, then I suggest you open a new one and include the additional information that you have just learned.
                              Thanks Michael -

Will do! I'll post any results here, since it sounds like others are experiencing the same issue.

Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X