X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the inbuilt Audery modem for ACID

Micheal,

How are you. A quick question before I tackle the install of mcsAudery. If I use the inbuilt modem in the Audery for ACID, can I maintain all the features of your plugin (for example speaking the name of the caller etc). My issue is that I have ISDN and in this country we get two telephone numbers, the main number has a conventional answering maching on it (well actually it is the comfort alarm system). I want this line to be plugged into the Audery as the second line is plugged into HSPhone. The second line I use to control HSphone and I'm not that interested in getting CLID from it as nobody rings it anyway.

Many thanks

Ted

I assume you will be configuring ACID on Audrey to be a server rather than a client. This means the UDP interaface to Audrey will not be usable. You still have full functionality to control Aureys's LEDs, Screen and Audio.

The CID information from Audrey's ACID will not be seen by mcsAudrey since mcsAudrey only acts as a server and not a clilent. Jay wrote a SoftAudrey application that emulates an Audrey and is able to act as an ACID client. I dont have any links and I dont know if it will be usable for you. If lucky you may find in via a board search. I also recall that I tried to make PCSentry / Audrey / mcsAurey all work together. There was one element that I could not get and it may of been the ability to understand Audrey as an ACID Server.

Comment

Working...
    X