This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AudreySpeak and voices

I've tried changing audreys voices, and typing it in exactly as seen on the screen, but it's not working. My Audreys will only speak using the default voice.

On another note... a nice feature would be to select the voices from a dropdown box, and possible have a "test, this is what I sound like" that you could send to an audrey to make sure you like it.

Is there a way to change the voices in a script?

BTW, the tab order for the typeing in the audreys ip address is still broken.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

I added the selector and did confrim that the selected voices did change the voice on audrey. I also made the voice selection value to be read from the ini file before each use so the value can be set via script if desired. The scripting info can be set using hs.SaveIniSetting using the following info

Const T2WGroup As String = "T2W"
    Const AUDREY_INI_FILE As String = "mcsAudreyUtilities.ini"
    hs.GetIniSetting(T2WGroup, "T2WVoice", "Microsoft Mary", AUDREY_INI_FILE)

I played with the IP page tabs, but not all tabs. I also elected not to put a test button on since a simple manual event can accomplish the same objective and in that event you can identify which Audrey to test with.

The updates are posted 1.23.29.

Comment

Thanks for the update, it didn't work for me though.

The voice shows up as "Microsoft Mary" I can change it to lets say VW Paul16k then I click update. It closes the window. If I test the voices it's still Microsoft Mary... if I load up the config screen again, it's once again set for "Microsoft Mary"

I must have messed something up even worse now, becuase I tried to change the voice in the script, and it's not creating voices at all.

log file shows this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody> <tr><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/AudreyTemp/AudreyTempFile7.wav</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/20/2005 2:41:36 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">SpeakToFile Host:Instance is ZIMMERMANJ-1N19EFAULT</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/20/2005 2:41:36 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">SpeakToFile Host:Instance is OFFICEEFAULT</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/20/2005 2:41:36 PM </td> <td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">SpeakToFile Host:Instance is HOMESEEREFAULT</td></tr> <tr> <td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/20/2005 2:41:36 PM </td> <td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">Info </td> <td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Running script in background: AudreySpeak.txt</td></tr></tbody></table>

And of course I've put everything back the way I found it, my script that was testing the voices, and the selected voice and it's still not working
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I did not show the saved value in the Voice selector and updated the post to correct that. The test script that I used is simply the following which I triggered manually from an HS Event. I'm running under HS1.6.

sub main()

hs.GetPlugins("mcsAudrey").AudreySpeak "","Hello"

end sub

Comment

hmmm.

Here is an interesting note... see above... the log file is showing that it's trying to do the SpeakToFile on 3 different host instances.

Host:Instance is ZIMMERMANJ-1N19EFAULT
          The host at work I don't have any extra voices, and in the homeseer speaker application on that machine: says
          "9/20/2005 2:41:37 PM:Voice was set to Microsoft Mary"

I'm figuring that something is weird.
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

updated to the latest you just posted, that did fix the issue of the dropdown box showing microsoft mary.

Found out that I had to have the speaker application running on the local homeseer pc for it to do the conversion, for some reason it had hung. Thats why I was getting the unable to server error message.

However I just tested it again, it's set to Paul 16k and when I play the wav
            file created in the temp directory, it's still using the voice for Microsoft Mary.

Here is the log from the local homeseer machines speaker app:
            9/20/2005 3:36:14 PM:Voice was set to VW Paul 16k
            9/20/2005 3:36:14 PM:File C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\AudreyTemp\AudreyTempFile3.wav was opened for audio streaming.
            9/20/2005 3:36:14 PM:The audio output has been directed to the file stream.
            9/20/2005 3:36:14 PM:Speaking: test A S D F 1 2 3 4 to file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\HTML\AudreyTemp\AudreyTempFile3.wav
            9/20/2005 3:36:14 PM:The file has been closed.

funny thing is, it says changing the voice to Paul, however the wav file... that is created is most certainly not Paul
            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I tried it under HS2 and had no success. The wav file was never created from the hs.SpeakToFile method. I suspect I will need to just go directly to SAPI myself and create the file to avoid all the HS2 dependencies. Leaving for a trip in a few hours and will not look into it again until I return

Comment

Quite possible this is HST's fault and ignores the voice chosen when using speak to file.

I'll put in a help desk request If I can prove that's the problem.

Joe
                Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

I bypassed HS for the audio support and now the voice to Audrey can be selected with V1.23.37 that has been posted.

Comment

Great! Thanks... I did test the speaktofile, and submitted a bug report, as it uses the wrong voice.

I appriciate your effort to correct the problem!

Joe
                    Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
                    X