This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... I've gone and done it.

I bought the mcsAudrey plugin today, and big shock... I'm not having any luck.

A couple of months ago I did receive (via ftp) a couple of hacked images from Michael. I've been able to try both of them out... with the same results.

I've installed the plugin and it seems to have gone on okay. I've got a bunch of virtual devices listed on my status page. I THINK it even knows at the onset whether Audrey is awake or asleep. But, that's where the fun stops.

If I try running the test from the GUI menu, the only thing that happens is the Audrey will flash her lights at me... but that doesn't even happen very quickly after clicking the test menu item.

None of the buttons on the status page will do anything to my Audrey.

I am able to browse from the Audrey to my HS box to pick up some basic .asp pages I had created to run some devices, so I know the Audrey is at least hooked up to my network

I'm SO new to this, I don't even know what else I need to note here.

Can someone babystep me thru this?

Thanks GREATLY for your time,

Brian

What image is installed on your audrey?

Comment

The name of the cf file I received from Michael and put on my Audrey is is11sHA. I believe it's the Infinity s1.1s - or something like that.

Comment

More details

Which HS are you running? 1.7 or 2.0? I've had some issues getting everything working under 2.0. I had to play around quite a bit, search the board, and make a few tweaks. Are you using HSPhone?

Comment

Aww dang, I'm sorry - I knew I was leaving something out. I'm running hs2.0 w/o phone... although I did order it.

I did some more searching on this... further back and found a post where I could go to my browser and type in the ip address of my Audrey then ?t1 to turn on the green light on top. It did work that way. I'm still not getting anything thru the status page buttons.

Comment

Just to document...

I've had a little time to fiddle with it now and the status page does update the virtual device for the wake state and the backlight state. Nothing else seems to be working, but those two are.

However, I CANNOT yet press any of those buttons to alter the state.

Also, my queue stays at 0 no matter how many buttons I press.

Just figured I should document that.

Comment

There are many flavors of HS2. The early 2000 builds had big problems with mcsAudrey. The 2038 and later is what you should be using. Another common problem is possible if a power device is associated with an audrey. If the HS status of this device is OFF then no commands will be delivered. Another is the method of command delivery. I would suggest not checking the "Use UDP when possible" because that adds a dependency on a properly functioning ACID on Audrey.

Since you have the sleep status updating it means that the IP interface is setup properly. If you still have problems after looking into the above then look at device number 10 in the HS device status. It will contain the list of commands pending delivery to Audrey. This will normally be blank. Enable the debug checkbox and issue a command from the HS device page such as turning on an LED. The log will provide some insight as to where a problem may be.

The Infinity Special image is known to cause HS1 some grief with its inability to handle the multiple HTTP requests that come a the same time from Audrey when running a slideshow. Dont know how HS2 fares with this. That was the original reason that a web server was added to mcsAudrey.

Comment

Okay, more details...

My current HS version is 2041. At this time, I'm not running any power devices for my Audrey - and I don't have one setup in the GUI for it either. I also have not had the UDP checkbox enabled.

Device number 10 never shows anything stacking up. It's always at 0.

The following is my log excerpt after sending an LED ON command from my status page.

Code:
                <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>DoNextCOmmand, questat=False, powerupWait=False</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Sleep Result Body 0 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>IEObj_Complete to http://192.168.1.7/screen.shtml?p</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Slideshow NoMotion Time=0, MinutesNoMotion(firstAudrey)=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>sleep tag=1.422469</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>IE Navigate to http://192.168.1.7/screen.shtml?p on 192.168.1.7 using IWebBrowser2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>SendTheCommand=screen.shtml?p</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug upstairs </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Async Command, screen.shtml?p,1.422469</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:17:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Periodic Check of SleepModeTimer=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:16:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Slideshow NoMotion Time=0, MinutesNoMotion(firstAudrey)=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:16:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Periodic Check of SleepModeTimer=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:15:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Slideshow NoMotion Time=0, MinutesNoMotion(firstAudrey)=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:15:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Periodic Check of SleepModeTimer=2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:14:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Slideshow NoMotion Time=0, MinutesNoMotion(firstAudrey)=0</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:14:58 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Periodic Check of SleepModeTimer=3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/22/2006 8:14:16 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Button Press, Location=upstairs, Button=mcsAudreyTurn On Mail LED, HouseCode=\</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                I'm not sure I have really grasped a good understanding of this yet, but the 10 grouped virtual devices for this "upstairs" audrey all have a housecode of "$". However, when I look at the original command in the above log snippet, it reports the housecode as being "\". Is this the culprit?

Comment

Alright! I did some more reading under this forum, and found a thread where Michael suggested deleting all devices and having HS recreate them. I had done that earlier... but didn't delete device 91 and 99 previously.

He also suggested shutting down HS, going into the mcsAudreyUtilities file and deleting the contents of [Audrey Names].

After doing all the above (including deleting devices 91 and 99) and restarting HS, everything seems to be working like a charm! I'm able to control my Audrey using any of those buttons.

Awesome!

Thanks for everyone's time on this. Now to put it to use...

Comment

Working...
                  X