This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This shouldn't be so hard...

I don't have a test button to test my installation. I have it working because I can control it via HS2 but I can't get the test button to send a test WAV file which is my ultimate goal.

I need the audrey to talk in order for this to be a viable option for me.

Hi, the test option is on the mcsAudrey drop down menu in the main Homeseer window.

Ezaf

Comment

But the only homeseer GUI I have is the event viewer and there's no option for mcsAudrey under that. I've installed 2.0 and not 1.7

Comment

I am having a similar problem, but it's because "mcsAudrey" doesn't always show up as a menu item in the main HomeSeer window. I can see "mcsMovement", "UltraLog", and a couple of the other plug-ins that I have installed, but "mcsAudrey" isn't one of them at the moment.

Is there any way to fix the main HomeSeer window so all the plug-ins' menus are shown all the time?

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

Homeseer has a problem with populating its menu. One limit is 8 plugins. If you are running HS1 then you can install mcsMenu from the updater. With it you can customize your menu bar. mcsMenu was not migrated to HS2

Comment

But I am running HS2 in demo mode. I cannot find the ability to download HS1.7 as a demo product.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
              Homeseer has a problem with populating its menu. One limit is 8 plugins. If you are running HS1 then you can install mcsMenu from the updater. With it you can customize your menu bar. mcsMenu was not migrated to HS2
              Thanks for letting me know. At least it's not just my HS2 setup that's having this problem... I'll keep my eyes on the updates to see if it's addressed at some point in the future.

Chris

Comment

slbailey, HS1 is not available to new customers and is a dead product from HST's perspective. Many still use it so you will still see much 3rd party support for it.

Comment

Thanks... I guess this isn't going to be a suitable product for me to use then. unfortunate too because I really thought HS had the nicest interface but if it can't do what I need it to do, I have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by slbailey
                    .... but if it can't do what I need it to do, I have to move on.
                    The question is not whether IT can, its whether YOU can!

So far, Homeseer can do just about anything my warped brain can come up with... Sorry you had no luck....

Comment

Working...
                    X