This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Images hosted, and a quick request...

Firstly, in case anyone is looking for the images, either StockHA.cf or is11sHA.cf, I have them hosted at my web store:
    http://ckcomputersystems.com/ckcs/audrey/
    I can host other files there, if there's a desire for me to collect and host other Audrey stuff. I can probably handle up to 100MB worth of stuff without breaking a sweat.

Michael, could I please impose on you for a copy of your links_touchscreen.htm and controlpanel.vbs? I'd like to get an idea of where to start...

Also, I wasn't able to get ACID to work. Should it be functional with the latest plugin and the StockHA? I have a USR Courier V.Everything connected to the HS server, and I see in the debug output that mcsAudrey does pick up the caller ID tags. It's not really that big a deal for me, though, since my phones all have caller ID... So, rather than fight with ACID, what I would like to do is have mcsAudrey simply log the phone call to the HomeSeer log, without having all of the other debug. Is there a way to log calls without the other debug and without having the HSPhone plug-in?

Thanks,
    Chris

Attached are the two files you asked for. The .vbs file is very old and came before HS supported conditional logic (.asp) with their web server. It has been a long time since I used it and it may actually be something I downloaded and never used.

The links I use and a more standard version are attached. I often embed the links inside of frames so I need to get to the window context as I open a new page. If you do not use the frames then the more standard way that uses relative references will be the preferred choice.

I added the log on CID to the plugin in V1.25.0. I'll leave the testing to you, but I do not expect any problems with it. Another way of accomplishing your objective is to use the status change on device 91 to trigger an event and then in that event script tab to use &hs.writelog "Call From", hs.DeviceString("[91"). The "[" house code and the "Call From" text would change to fit your situation.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I would have responded sooner, but I spent most of the weekend stringing 12/2 and Cat5e to feed the newly set up 2nd floor Audreys. :-)

Thanks for the sample files, I'll work on dissecting them and making my own from there. And I'll also tinker around with the logging.

I have a couple questions regarding the channels. It appears that the StockHA image spends a lot of time trying to update the channels... I've found the test audrey a couple times trying to display channel stuff which doesn't exist, and also MP3 (with phjuke, which I configured to replace "address_book") playback was stuttering at one point for a while earlier this morning on one of them, possibly because it was attempting to do something else while playing back MP3s.

Is it possible to disable the automatic attempts to update the channels? For that matter, is there even a good use for the channel knob? If not, then is it possible to disable the channels feature altogether, to free up some resources?

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

If I recall the IS image gutted the channel stuff or at least did it a different way. The Stock image and IS image are at the two ends of the hacks spectrum. It is possible to make one that is more in the middle-ground, but then you need to dig in deep enough to understand what you are doing. Even at my peak understanding of the Audrey internals I was able to do little more than follow in the footsteps of what others had accomplished.

I know I did some things with the channels, but I found the channel wheel to be to sensitive to be usable. The press of the button to return to full screen is often used and you should find that valuable.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll work with the Audreys for a few days and see if I can characterize the problems I'm having with the MP3 stuttering and/or resource-consuming channel updates, and go from there.

Chris

Comment

Working...
          X