Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please take a look at my Touchpad/PocketSeer problem?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please take a look at my Touchpad/PocketSeer problem?

I posted over in the Touchpad forum 6 days ago, but there were no responses. Maybe someone here might know, since PocketSeer is the preferred skin for the Audreys...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113166

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

I have not used touchpad, but I had the belief that it uses HTML4 and Audrey can only do HTML3.

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you using? I had this issue on an earlier version.
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I'm using 2041, and the problem is actually with configuring Touchpad, not with its usage. In a nutshell, it's stuck in its default configuration, and I can't figure out how to make any changes. For example, the Audreys really don't need to see all of the devices in the house, including all of the mcsAudrey devices.

I'm trying to hide the mcsAudrey devices and many others, but, unfortunately, I can't figure out how to make my changes stick.

I was able to make those very same changes stick in the "Americana" skin, but it's way too gaudy for me, and it wouldn't work on the Audrey anyway.

So, it appears to be a problem with Touchpad, which is why I posted in the Touchpad forum in the first place, but, well, anyway... I guess I should open a trouble ticket on it...

Chris

Comment

That sounds like the exact Issue I was having. You might consider moving up to 2.1.
          HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

I believe the problem is related to the user account used by the Audreys to log into HS web server. If I remember correctly, I logged in as that user on a PC, made the changes and saved them, then logged out and tried the Audreys again.

It may also be related to cookies on the Audrey which have to be reset - and I've forgotten how to do that, but you'd have to find the cookie file and delete it.

Also, make sure the Audrey IP addresses are properly set in the HS interface.

If I find my Audreys (in storage) and get them up and running again, I'll experiment and post the verified solution. However, I'm probably not going to get to this any time soon.
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Actually, it was a bit cumbersome to work with the Touchpad administration on the Audreys, so I was doing all this on a PC anyway. I did experiment with the admin on an Audrey, but that was only to confirm that it didn't work on the Audrey either.

So, the plug-in works with 2.1 but not 2.0, eh? Nuts. The whole HomeSeer paradigm appears to be so fragile that I'm actually afraid to do the upgrade. I have a number of plug-ins installed, and don't want to risk breaking a few other things. Based on all of the problems that everyone has with changing anything to do with HomeSeer, I'm going to keep the upgrade option in my back pocket.

I submitted a trouble ticket this morning, so hopefully something good will come of that.

Chris

Comment

2.1 Is actually quite stable and worth looking at. I too run quite a few plugins as you can see in my sig and they are all running well now.

Comment

Ok... Well, at least I have the luxury of having a SCSI mirrored set as a system disk, so all I need to do is pull one of the mirrors before starting, and if the 2.0->2.1 transition gets fubar'd then it's trivial to revert back to the pulled mirror and reboot...

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try it tomorrow afternoon...

Guess I should get started on reading the 2.1 release notes...

Chris

[Edited to add: Oh, never mind, I didn't realize 2.1 was still beta. I have enough problems working with the 2.0.2041 released code; I'll wait until 2.1 is formally released.]

Comment

Working...
                  X