X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Items Not Showing Under Events...?

Ok,

I recently built a low power server to act as my home control server. My previous machine was just something I had laying around that I could dedicate to this project.

I reinstalled Homeseer V2.0. Then I shut Homeseer down, and unzipped a copy of the ENTIRE homeseer directory to the new computer.

It did not seem to register my ACRF stuff. So, I updated to the newest version of the plugin. I then entered my serial code. Then I had to REBUILD all the devices (as in delete them, shutdown homeseer and restart homeseer, which rebuilt all the devices).

The next thing I noticed was that I needed to adjust a setting for one of my Audreys. Instead of While ON, I needed it to be changed to ON.

I went into events and went to the trigger tab. I then clicked on the button to display the conditions for this particular condition. The bottom conditional pull down was NOT showing any of my Audreys. So, I updated the plugin via the webpage (which was apparently the same version I had...due to previous beta testing for Michael to get a "port" handle to talk to PHJUKE on my Audreys...which I still need to modify some code in the Audreys to make buttons on the Audrey act the way I want)...

This is did not help. I also realized that I never had to enter in the plugin registration data. The plugin shows up as "<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tableroweven align=left>N/A</TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>hspi_Audrey.ocx</TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>1.26.0.2</TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left></TD><TD class=tableroweven noWrap align=left>Interface OK</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "

INCLUDED of all things? Is there something that I did wrong, or can do to get the plugin back to where it was? I think I need to just have the plugin re-register all of the Audrey "devices".

At this, I tried to update to Homeseer 2.1 to see if that would help...as well as then RE-downloading the plugins once more. Ha, did not work.

So, I turn to the community in hopes that someone knows what I need to do to get the Devices (which show up on the Status page) to show in the pulldowns for my Events.

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

July is no-license month for mcsAudrey. Come August you will need to register is on the first restart.

I have never done anything with conditions with any of my plugins. When I first played with it I saw that HS made a call to my plugin for each event evaluation to see if a condition exists. I did not like the overhead so I never implemented that conditions interface.

It seems you had some form of conditions implemented in the past. I do not know how HS deals with it if the plugin does not provide a conditions SDK capability.

Comment

Michael,

So...I am going to have to re-write my HS conditionals? I've always been able to use them in the past. I see that the Audreys are showing up under Value Change, however, not under Conditionals or Status change.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

There has not be a change with respect to conditionals since day 1 of mcsAudrey.

In HS1 when an event is trigger is defined and conditions are requested then you have the ability to select any device as the condition. I do not see any reason why HS2 would not support the same capability. The plugin does not need to do anything to assess a condition. The current value or status is adequate for HS to know if the condition is satisfied or not.

I would take this to HST as it is a capabilty that should exist.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I thought that it should, as it has in the past.

when you say HST, you mean contact HomeSeer themselves?

Thanks!

--Dan

Comment

Yes I mean a help desk ticket based upon devices showing up in the status page, but not in the event page. There may be a property of a device that is newly defined for HS2. With the help desk ticket you will be able to get an answer as to what the relationship is. The board is too big for the HST folks to watch the threads that need their specific attention.

Comment

Great! Thanks for the help Michael!! I'll try to remember to post back with any results (for anyone that is reading this).

--Dan

Comment

Ok, I posted another ticket, apparently thier system ate my other ticket. I have an e-mail record tha tit was submitted, yet can't find it in thier help ticket database anywhere.

Let's see what happens.

--Dan

Comment

They usually respond within a few days to acknowledge and provide quick fixes and answers when available.

Comment

I agree. I posted 2 tickets at the same time. One marked urgent grade of 2, one of 3 (this one). The 2 got a response that same day. The 3, I had thought it would take a few days.

Well, today is another day, let's see what happens.

Thanks again for all the GREAT plugins and CUSTOM work you've done! It's REALLY makes Homeseer enjoyable through my "cheap" touch screen interfaces!

I think using cost effective Audreys are WAY better then spending $1k/area where I want a "professional" in wall windows 2000 PC. All that means to me is my touch panels are going to crash every few months.

The Audrey is so simple and perfect for this application! GREAT plugin!

--Dan

Comment

OK, a solution:

The homeseer Tech guys had me run this script:
                      --------------

Sub Main
                      dim en
                      dim dv

set en=hs.GetDeviceEnumerator
                      do while not en.Finished
                      set dv = en.GetNext
                      dv.misc = dv.misc and not &H20000
                      loop

End Sub

------------
                      Apparently there is a bit that defines if an object can be seens and when. As soon as I ran this script, everything cleared up and I was able to see my Audrey Objects in the conditionals section of the defining events!

Wow...

--Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X