This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuration Page for MCSAudrey is HS2

How do I get to the configuration page for MCSAudrey in HS2?

Thanks

Initially from the HS2 Interfaces setup then include the checkbox to include it in the HS menu. On the next start it should then be on the HS2 menu bar. The manual edit to accomplish this is done by editing \Config\mcsAudreyUtilities.ini and setting the key

inMenu="1"

Then restart HS

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Would it be possible to provide a link to the config page? I'm using DooMenubar and can't seem to find the config page.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Wups! Never mind. One needs to read all of the posts before whining.
          I have a long way to go to make anything useful happen on the Audrey.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Setting up Audrey

I purchased a used Audrey. I am setting it up in my garage to use as a homeseer controller.

Can someone please explain how to transfer files from my computer to Audrey.

I have the LAN setup and working and I have done some manual Audrey hacks via the shell, but I cannot figure out how to FTP a file to Audrey.
            I have tried all kinds of iterations of of the following procedure:

Audrey Step by Step
            -------------------
            1) Get to shell
            Audrey Options button / Audrey Options Icon / Shell Icon
            2) MOve to data area
            cd /data/XML
            3) FTP the files. You will need a FTP server like was used when the shell icon was installed
            FTP 192.168.0.3 (use your FTP server URL)
            username (use your username)
            password (use your password)
            binary (select a binary transfer)
            mget screen*
            y (on prompt)
            y (on prompt)
            bye
            4)Move file to desired destination
            cp screen /nto/bin/screen
            rm screen
            5) Exit from shell
            exit

I don't understand the FTP part! Audrey refuses to accept any of these commands. I am trying to use Cute FTP (I used it before to FTP stuff to web sites) to send the files. It connects with Audrey but I can't get anything to happen at either end.

Help please!

Steve Q
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Are you indicating that the Audrey will not accept the FTP <URL> command or once in the FTP application on Audrey it will not accept the password, and get commands?

Comment

Michael,

I'm not sure what is supposed to happen? Am I supposed to initiate the FTP on Audrey or on my computer via Cute FTP? Nothing is happening at either end? (Cute FTP does connect but then times out because it is not getting "hello").

Also, how do I get a user ID and password into Audrey. I tried to do this via the email setup but the info is not passed into the Audrey profile.

It is hard to find info on the really basic stuff regarding the Audrey shell.

I know this is really old stuff for you, and I appreciate your patience.

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

You want to ftp from Audrey's shell to your server PC running HS. You may find some help at www.audreyhacking.com. It's not that hard once you find the info. Post any probs here and we'll help.

Comment

I think CuteFTP is a client and not a server. When I was doing it I was using the FTP server provided by Windows which I think is part of the IIS optional install. There are likely other FTP servers available. CuteFTP may also work as a server, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                      You want to ftp from Audrey's shell to your server PC running HS. You may find some help at www.audreyhacking.com. It's not that hard once you find the info. Post any probs here and we'll help.
                      Thanks, I have spent a lot of time searching audreyhacking.com, but I have not yet found any specific information about how to FTP. From some of the posts I have learned that Audrey has an FTP command within the shell. But I cannot find anything about the syntax to use to connect to an IP address. I will keep looking.

Steve Q

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        I think CuteFTP is a client and not a server. When I was doing it I was using the FTP server provided by Windows which I think is part of the IIS optional install. There are likely other FTP servers available. CuteFTP may also work as a server, but I'm not very familiar with it.
                        Yes, I think Cute FTP is not the right tool. I will search for other options. I have an old computer with Windows 2000 server. If all else fails I will give it a try.

Steve Q

Comment

There is another thread active today related to IP camera FTP with some recommendations on free FTP servers. All you need to know about commands you enter on the Audrey to do FTP are provided in the step by step that you displayed earllier in this thread.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I downloaded and installed the "HFS" FTP server mentioned in the thread. The server is working and I can access it from my Homeseer computer on my LAN. Audrey however refuses to connect from the shell window. What is strange, Audrey's browser will connect OK with no problem.
                            So I know everything is hooked up OK.

As a further test, I went to ftp.microsoft.com from the Audrey FTP shell. It worked fine. I was able to view the file directory, etc. I did not try to download a file.

I must be making some basic mistake when entering an IP address. The server is running on 192.168.0.102:8080 When I type "ftp 192.168.0.102:8080/" into the shell; an error "unknown host" is returned.

Any ideas?

Steve Q

Comment

FTP normally uses port 21. Try it without the :8080

Comment

Working...
                              X