This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-Fi Audrey

Toying with the idea of connecting an Audrey using a Wi-Fi adaptor. I've seen a few posts elsewhere indicating it is possible, but they don't go into specifics.
    Anyone have any experience? I would think a USB/Wi-fi adaptor would require drivers. I don't currently have any such device here and I don't want to go and waste $.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

the only way I could do it was with a ethernet to wifi hub
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Right. The places that you see references to "WiFi Audrey" is when an ethernet-to-wireless bridge has been built onto the back of an Audrey.

I bought an Audrey like that, and it came with a Mitsumi bridge with a really short cable. The ethernet USB adapter itself had been built into the case of the Audrey.

No one has been successful in natively using an 802.11 adapter in an Audrey. (I haven't seen an substantiated reports, anyway; I could just as easily say I visited the moon, but without something to back it up, I chalk it up to people just talking.)

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X