X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AudreyPhJuke timeouts?

Hello all,

Finally getting around to trying the AudreyPhJuke feature of the plugin. What prompted me is that the audreys keep getting rebooted while playing MP3s. Basically, if speech is pushed to an audrey while it is playing back MP3s, then half of the time, the audrey will end up being rebooted.

So, I added "port 1024" to the ".phjuke" file, and I can now pause and resume an audrey when it is playing. That's good news for me!

The problem is, however, when I try to make this a general solution, where one of the audreys that the speech is intended to be pushed to isn't powered on. The powered off state is ok, because I have deployed like 8 audreys, and not all of them need to actually speak.

Here's what happens when audreys are not responsive and you try to pause/play phjuke:

1/10/2010 1:31:20 PM mcsAudrey Unable to connect to phJuke at Audrey audshop / 192.168.0.45:1024

The whole mcsAudrey plugin appears to lock up for like 10-15 seconds, for each audrey that is non-responsive, while it tries to execute the pause/play command.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
    Chris

I tried setting up a separate script that keeps track of whether or not an audrey is powered on and appears to be responsive, but if PhJuke isn't actually running, it still takes a while to time out, and seems to end up rebooting the audreys that aren't actually running PhJuke.

Does anyone use AudreyPhJuke?

Chris

Comment

Not any longer...I just split the existing ethernet cable and use the unused pairs to provide line level Audio to a set of PC speakers.

Seems to work out much better.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
      X