Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea why AudreyVolume doesn't have any effect?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea why AudreyVolume doesn't have any effect?

One of the other things I'm looking into is why mcs.AudreyVolume doesn't seem to do anything. Before making a call to mcs.AudreySpeak, I execute an AudreyVolume 50, to make sure it's heard but not so loud that it startles anyone nearby.

Well, it doesn't seem to do anything. I can adjust the volume with the rocker switch on the back of the audreys, and the volume tracks the rocker, not the AudreyVolume.

I'm not sure if it's ever worked, so I'm not sure if it broke with, say, the .net change or something.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Chris

There was a type in the hack installed on the images I made available where the case was wrong in one of the letters. If you did not fix that then the volume control will not work. I recall there were some other issues with volume going to max on power cycles. I know I never really used the volume control via HS so I do not have much experience. If you search this forum you should find something about the volume hack error.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for it!

Chris

Comment

Ok, I checked, and apparently by the time I started using HomeSeer and mcsAudrey, the image had been updated. The Volume/volume correction is already in place.

I turned on debug, and I'm nominally seeing what I should (volume at 50%), but there's what appears to be an additional parameter. Not sure if that's supposed to be there or not. I'm not sure if "50,1.475476" will be properly translated to an integer.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>GetAudreyObjects audrack, count=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Async Command, beep.shtml?4 50,1.972036</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>SendTheCommand=beep.shtml?4 50</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>INET Navigate to http://192.168.0.40/beep.shtml?4 50 on 192.168.0.40</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>GetAudreyObjects audrack, count=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Async Command, volume.shtml?50,1.475476</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>PutQue(1) volume.shtml?50|1.475476|,1.475476</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>GetAudreyObjects audrack, count=1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Async Command, led.shtml?t0,1.843595</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug audrack </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>PutQue(2) led.shtml?t0|1.843595|,1.475476,1.843595</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Inet State 3, Index = 1, Length=0,Data=</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Inet State 4, Index = 1, Length=0,Data=</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/21/2010 8:19:41 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>mcsAudrey Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Inet State 5, Index = 1, Length=0,Data=</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Oh, wait, I just cat'd /config/Volume_Playback... And it says 50...

Am I just remembering funny? Is that "gotta touch the rocker switch in order for the volume adjustment to take effect" problem still there? It's been a few years since I've even looked at the Audrey at this low a level...

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

The image on mine works fine...

There are two volume controls in mcsAudrey...so long as I use the "MAIN" volume, I seem to have total control over the volume of the Audrey (I mute them before and after reboot, then only when I want it to speak I turn the volume up...then afterwards back down...just in case I need to reboot).

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yeah, there's the AudreyVolume and then the other, what was it, AudreySoundsVolume, or something like that, for the little beeps and boops that are built into the audrey. I'm using AudreyVolume here. And I'm using the modified stock image, as opposed to the infinity.

Guess it's hard to tell what the problem is. We're all using slightly different setups (I don't mute my Audreys), with different sets of hacks in our nominally-the-same-but-probably-slightly-different images, and this stuff's been out long enough now that it's not something we can recall the details of very easily.

The volume problem I'm running into isn't a major concern, so I'll just let it go.

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X