X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

favorites don't seem to work

Hi!

I have several machines all running 2.4.186 client, and they all seem to have the same small problem. If I add an event to the 'favorites', and righy click the icon in the tray, select Favorites, then the event I added, it doesn't run the event. Earlier version did, but I think somewhere along the way this feature got broke. If I right click 'favorites', then select 'favorites', I can right click the event in the window that pops up and right click and select 'run' and it will run, so I know its not the event itself. I think this feature is broken! Any plans to fix it? Its a great feature to have!

Comment

favorites problem

Hmm...I have this problem on all three of my 2.4.186 client installation machines. Its only doesnt work when I right click the ms_client icon in the tray, select favorites, menu over and left click the thing that I added to be a favorite.

The event I'm running does only consist of the manual execution of a script. Don't know if that helps any.

Comment

con't

Sorry, I was answering a different question

I only have the one event on the favorites menu.

BTW I LOVE this program! Nice job!

Comment

Favorites don't work for me either.

I set up a simple hs.execx10 command as a favorite and it doesn't work either. My fav.xml file is:
          PHP Code:
          <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
          <ROOT>
              <FAV>
                  <NAME><![CDATA[Den Light ON]]></NAME>
                  <TYPE>Custom</TYPE>
                  <CODE>0</CODE>
                  <MISC><![CDATA[hs.execx10 "P4","off",0]]></MISC>
                  <DIMABLE/>
              </FAV>
          </ROOT>
          Dick
          HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I just found the problem.
            The problem was if you are not using the HS_User security type.

Thanks,
            Christian

EDIT: Link removed newest version in the updater
            Last edited by ; July 20, 2005, 05:40 PM.

Comment

This works! My favorites are launching fine now from the tray context menu.

Comment

Originally posted by cyvinec
                I just found the problem.
                The problem was if you are not using the HS_User security type.

Thanks,
                Christian

EDIT: Link removed newest version in the updater
                I tried this new one (2.4.188). No go.....
                Last edited by ; July 20, 2005, 05:41 PM.
                Dick
                HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Dick,

What security type are you using?
                  Do you get any message box?

Thanks,
                  Christian

Comment

Dick,

What security type are you using?
                    Do you get any message box?

Thanks,
                    Christian
                    I am using "Include". If I set it to 'HS Users', when I start the client it asks for a User Name and Password. I enter my normal Homeseer (admin) user name and password and it doesn't accept it and asks again. Do I have to set up a separate User Name and Password for Message Server? If so, where do I do this? I could not find a place to do so.

I get no message box. I get nothing and no error messages. Nothing happens.

FYI, I am using Server version 1.4.20 and client version 2.4.188.
                    Dick

Comment

Dick,

The client 1.4.188 was for a bug in the recent BETA and will work with Message Server 1.4.182

Install Message Server BETA from the HomeSeer updater and it should work.

Thanks,
                      Christian

Comment

Dick,

The client 1.4.188 was for a bug in the recent BETA and will work with Message Server 1.4.182

Install Message Server BETA from the HomeSeer updater and it should work.

Thanks,
                        Christian
                        The server update seems to have done the trick. It is working for simple X10 ON/OFF commands. Now I'll start playing with events.

THANKS!!!
                        Dick

Comment

Working...
                        X