Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility to run executable on remote computer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibility to run executable on remote computer?

Christian,

I was wondering if it'd be possible for Message Client to execute program from the server?

I've downloaded Dale's exe for controlling monitor on/off, and I'd like to control another PC remotely.

Or would it be possible to create a plugin for Message Client for Windows power management (screensaver on/off, monitor on/off, etc)?

Thanks,

Simon

I found out MServer can execute commands on the client but it won't pass parameter. The command I need to execute is like this:

hs.Plugin("Message Server").MessageLink "C:\monitorctrl.exe /p_off","pc1"

If I get rid of "/p_off", it executes the command but without the parameter, it won't do anything.

Thanks,

Simon

Comment

Simon,

I thought it would work but I will add new function to Message Server
      hs.Plugin("Message Server").MessageExeLink "C:\exetocontrol.exe",”/ param1”, “/param2” ,"pcname"

param and pcname will be optional this will work but only tested with one quick exe that I made since I’m close to be ready to post a new BETA update.

Thanks,
      Christian

Comment

If you can execute a program on the remote computer, then you may be able to put the monitor control command lines in a batch file on the remote computer, and then run the batch file. You would have a batch file for each desired function, something like below.

hs.Plugin("Message Server").MessageLink "C:\p_off.bat","pc1"

====p_off.bat===

@echo off
        C:\monitorctrl.exe /p_off
        cls

====p_on.bat=====

@echo off
        C:\monitorctrl.exe /p_on
        cls
        Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

You guys are awesome

Thanks for the suggestion, zoomkat. I talked to Dale last night and he gave me 4 different exe without the need to pass parameter. They work for me.

Now Christian is going to add the parameter in MClient, that'd be even better. Thanks for your support.

Simon

Comment

Working...
          X