This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with Touchpad

Has anyone worked the message creation screen into the touchpad plug-in?

I would like to have the ability to enter a message in touchpad to create announcements to the house.

I can already do canned and web scraped annoycemnts through the events option. But I would like the ability to do Ad Hoc.

Thanks

If you can create an ASP for the messages, then Jeff can help you turn that into another menu option in TouchPad. He has done that for Weather already.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks I do use a modified version of Jeff's stuff.

The problem is I can't figure out how to write an .asp for the message center.

It appears to use pages built into the server or something. I can't find anything to modify or work from.

Comment

Hanfseer,
        I have an asp page that allows you to select volume, voice and speed from dropdowns. Then a big text area to type what you want to have spoken.
        It would be pretty easy to modify the page to allow selecting between Speaking and Message Server. A dropdown could be added to select from the currently connected Message Server clients.
        If you are interested I can email you the speak page tonight to help you get started.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks!! That would be awesome!

e-mail me at dhanford@hanfnetout.com

Comment

Who needs to eat? I modified the speak page during my lunch break.

Its attached here. If you want to use the Speak part, you will need to edit the dropdown with the voices.
            This has been tested with Message Server and ATT voices.
            I just got the NeoSpeech voices installed but have not had time to test this with them.

I added this line
            strStyleMode = "touchpad"

Leave it as is to use this with Touchpad. Change it to this:
            strStyleMode = ""
            to have the normal HomeSeer look.

NOTE
            This requires the Include Scripts which are available via the updater.

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Holy Crud man!

Your the best!

I am going to try this out right now.

I have abuddy in Lawrence, Kansas... I'm going to have to make him take you to lunch.

Comment

I am getting this error when I call the page in touchpad:

Script error: Type mismatch: '[string: ""]'

if Request.Form("sendMethod") = 0 Then Response.Send "checked"

Comment

Change it to:
                  <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
                  if Request.Form("sendMethod") = "0"
                  </pre>

Also change the line:
                  if Request.Form("sendMethod") &lt;&gt; 0 Then
                  </pre>

to
                  if Request.Form("sendMethod") &lt;&gt; "0" Then
                  </pre>

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

If you want the All client to work you will need to change the line 31

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">hs.plugin("message server").messagetoclient Request.Form("speakit"), "Message",Request.Form("msgType"),True,True,Request.Form("ms gSrvClient")</pre>

To:
                    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">if Request.Form("msgSrvClient") = "All" then
                    hs.plugin("message server").messagetoclient Request.Form("speakit"), "Message",Request.Form("msgType"),True,True
                    Else
                    hs.plugin("message server").messagetoclient Request.Form("speakit"), "Message",Request.Form("msgType"),True,True,Trim(Request.For m("msgSrvClient"))
                    end if </pre>

Regards,
                    Christian

Comment

OK...

Now the page will show up, but when I select Msg Server and hit speak it, I get this error:

Script error: Type mismatch: 'hs.SetVolume' hs.SetVolume intLoud,intLoud,intDev

Comment

Obviously this is pre-mature, but...

Is there a way to have it always default to the message server. In fact I don't even realy care to have the other option. I will always be sending it to my whole house audio system. I don't ever need to change the volume or voices.

Thanks

Comment

I took a closer look and realized the speak section has several lines of code that are specific to my setup. I'll remove that and post it later tonight.

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks a million!

This is one of the last things I want to integrate... for now....

Comment

hehe, wait till you see how I'm using Message Server with the WebCam plugin.

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X