This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Captured Camera images

Blade asked for ways that people are using the Message Server plugin, so I figured I'd share how I set this up.
    I wanted a way to see an image when an event triggered to capture a new image, even if I am at work. I also wanted an easy way to turn the notifications off but still have the events trigger.

Since I already used the Message Server plugin, I already had the ability to send messages to my work computer.

I created an event called "Msg Server Notify". In the Action tab for Message Server I entered the following:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Clients: kjl-jeff,babylon5,homeserver
    Message Type: Info
    Message Box checked
    Title: Image Captured
    Message:&lt;img src='http://%HS_SERVER%:85/webcam/ATI/Video Tuner/latest.jpg'&gt;
    </pre>

Then I setup a virtual device (s2).
    I can click the on or off buttons to turn off my image notify using this device.

Next, on all my events that capture images, I added this to the scripts tab.
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &if hs.DeviceStatus("s2") = 2 Then hs.DelayTrigger 5,"Msg Serv Notify"
    </pre>

This allows the events to trigger but only send me the notify message when I turn the notify flag on.

While the example I posted is setup for the WebCam plugin, this could be setup to work with anything that deals with images.

I've attached an image of the message that gets sent. You can see the image in the popup window. In my case, I have one really cheap camera so the image is not the greatest, but it shows what is possible with the message window.
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

CF, I have something similar, but I cannot get the client to pop open any image files. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I have the basic installation and can run and manage HS from the remote machine. I just don't see any messages on the client...
    |
    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Gordon,

Which way are you trying to send a message?

You can test if the messages working create a test event in HomeSeer go to the Message Server tab check the Message box enter something as message click ok to close the event. Run the test event and all connected client should get a message.

Or you can go to the Message Server web page “/ms” and client the Message link will do the same thing.

Regards,
      Christian

Comment

Found the problem - the message box time to close was 0. I thought that at 0 it would not time out, but instead it doesn't show them at all. Once I changed that, it worked fine.
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
        HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Gordon,

I mine is set to 0 and I just double check the code the number need to be higher then 0 for the message box to be closed. You should be able to get the message with the time to close to 0.

Regards,
          Christian

Comment

I have the Time To Close Message Box set to 0 on my workstation at home.
            On my computer at work and my home servers I set it to 10 seconds.

I get the popup window on all of them.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
            X