Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Server Firewall connection issues?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message Server Firewall connection issues?

I have Message server working with clients on the local LAN at home on port 9000. I am tring to get it to work from the office and I am behind a firewall at both locations . I do however have control of both of these firewalls. So I opened port 9000 TCP & UDP at the office and pointed to my work station IP. I also opened port 9000 TCP & UDP at home and pointed it to HS server IP. Is there another port that needs to be opened? I cant get it to connect from work with the client. The client is pointing to my public internet address at home.In Message server I have security enabled include/Full, with the home subnet 192.168.0. and with works public Ip address. Now what I tried was VPN ing to home changing the client ip to hs server IP and it works but I dont want to have a VPN session going all the time. Any Ideas ?
    HS4 Environment
    Proxmox win11 / HS4
    Netiom-Xap board
    Plug-In's
    rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
    mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
    mcsXap V3.0.0.72
    Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
    Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

hometech,

Message Server only uses one port with TCP protocol.
    One thing you can try is to use the Internet Explorer browser for your connection test the address is http://yourserver:theport
    You will use http protocol and you will get an image. I’m using plain xml text for the transmission in Message Server maybe your firewall doesn’t like that.

If you where having security issue in Message Server your client should get a notification.

Last thought if you have 2 or more network adaptors in your server it could be harder to configure since Message Server can only listen on one adaptor.

Regards,
    Christian

Comment

Hi Christian No I can not get to it with the URL . When I am Home I can. At work I use the public IP address of my home but it does not work. When I look with a port sniffer I see 9000 & 3456 port but do not know were the other port number is comming from or if it has any thing to do with this. The HS box only has one Nic Card. Is ther any thing in message server to tell it to send out to my work IP or Have I all ready done this in the security settings in my previous post?
      HS4 Environment
      Proxmox win11 / HS4
      Netiom-Xap board
      Plug-In's
      rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
      mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
      mcsXap V3.0.0.72
      Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
      Zigbee V4.0.11.0

Comment

hometech,

Are you able to connect to the HomeSeer Web server form work?
        Have you try from other place then work to only have one firewall to test?

The setting should be the same as a web server.

Message Server needs the client to connect before sending information there no other way.

Sorry if I can help you more I never played enough with firewall stuff.
        Christian

Comment

Thanks for responding , yes I can connect to HS from work but that is a different port for that I am using 81.I have not tried to connect to the message server from any were else. I will keep banging on it.

Thanks
          HS4 Environment
          Proxmox win11 / HS4
          Netiom-Xap board
          Plug-In's
          rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
          mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
          mcsXap V3.0.0.72
          Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
          Zigbee V4.0.11.0

Comment

Ok got it working and it was my home firewall. it turns out that even though I entered the port to be oppened in the DI-604 it did not open it .I checked it out on a site called shields-up there I was able to enter the port I set up for Message server and test thats how I found out it still was not opened. What I had to do was restore the firewall to defaults and add all my ports to open .Then success!!! I did buy the plugin and it works great from work now! I have it set up to show caller ID when someone call the home .
            HS4 Environment
            Proxmox win11 / HS4
            Netiom-Xap board
            Plug-In's
            rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
            mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
            mcsXap V3.0.0.72
            Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
            Zigbee V4.0.11.0

Comment

Working...