Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Messager Server support the SAPI 'neospeech' voices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messager Server support the SAPI 'neospeech' voices?

Hi, I'm a long time user of message server and love it!

I was wondering if the Message Server client would be compatible with the NeoSpeech text-to-speech engine that HomeSeer sells on their website:
    http://www.homeseer.com/products/addons/voices/

The comment on the website is this: "These voices are compatible HomeSeer 1.6.0 or later, and are compatible with the SAPI 5 text-to-speech programming interface.". Message Server supports SAPI 1.2 correct? Sounds like it might be easy to make a plugin for??

This would be awesome if this worked because the voices sound absolutely fantastic. Much better than the SAPI 1.2 voices that MS_client supports right now.

I'm only interested in using these voices with the message server client and not on the homeseer server itself (which is downstairs and out of sight).

Any thoughts on this? I'd throw in a free copy of the voices if you made the plugin work with it

It should work.
    I currently have the ATT voices on one of my computers and Message Server is using the voice of Crystal.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CFGuy:
      It should work.
      I currently have the ATT voices on one of my computers and Message Server is using the voice of Crystal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I'm correct and please correct me if I'm not, I could purchase the NeoSpeech voices from the HomeSeer website and install them on the client computer. Since it supports SAPI 1.5, the DLL that Christian wrote for SAPI 1.2 support for the client should automatically make the client computer use the NeoSpeech voices?

You know, I don't recall ever installing anything for SAPI on my client computer, is this something that is built into Windows XP??

Comment

I’m running the “Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1”
        The 1.2 is the version of my dll not the supported SAPI version.

If you can set the NeoSpeech voices as your voice selection in the control panel &gt; speech properties there good chance it will work but I’m not very used to voices so need to be tested.

Thanks,
        Christian

Comment

Working...
        X