Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Client Error when laptop restarts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Error when laptop restarts

I have a laptop I carry around the house for HS interface. MS-Client works great on it.
    It goes into hibernation when not used for 15 minutes to save the batteries.
    When the laptop comes out of hibernation MS-Client gives me this error:
    "An error with the last xml string from our server has been copied to our MS_Client folder. A name was started with an invalid character. If you need hlpe debugging this end the file to ... "
    Once the "OK" button is clicked the client reconnects (as I set reconnect to 5 seconds) and all is well again.
    I think I get this message because the client only receives a partial message - but I don't care as the laptop was in hibernation. What I don't like is the client won't reconnect until I click OK. Is there something to set in the client so it doesn't display those errors, or puts them in the client log and goes on??
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Bruce,

I will add this error to the new error handling instead of having a message box a menu “error” will be added.

I will post an update Monday

Thanks,
    Christian

Comment

Thanks Christian.
      Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
      X