Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Homeseer shutdown and Message Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeseer shutdown and Message Server

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Since installing the next to the last upgrade for Message Server I am unable to cleanly shutdown Homeseer without bringing up the windows task manager and manually closing Message Server. After MS closes HS goes through the shutdown in what looks like a "normal" manner. All seems to function as it should during normal running, all my messages work and such, just the shutdown issue. I would be hard-pressed to live without this plug-in which is why I have just dealt with it up till now. But it is on the "fix" list so I would like to check it off. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Terry

Terry,

Since which version you are seeing this problem?
    What version of HomeSeer are you running?

I didn’t change the shutdown function since a long time so I don’t think the problem is there.

You should have all previous versions in the “HomeSeer\updates” to have a good version.

Thanks,
    Christian

Comment

Christian, thanks for the return post. I am pretty sure the problem is totally on my end. If I remember right I didnt turn off McAffe security center when I installed your update and the routine was interupted. I didnt speak up because of this reason. I had hoped when I did the last MS update the problem would go away but that would have been too easy.
      No problem, I'll just deal until Windows forces a "system adjustment" and I re-set everything up. Thanks again. Terry

Comment

Terry,

The problem was on my end. I have a quick fix for you to test when you have some free time.
        http://www.cyvinec.com/download.php?...Server1423.zip

Thanks,
        Christian

Comment

Man, I love this board.

Your update fixed my problem. Thanks Christian!

Something apperntly no one else was experiencing and the man goes out of his way to fix the problem.

Could you spread a little of that fine service and commitment to the OTHER business I've had to deal with this week. Can't mention who or the connect light might never stay solid on my cable mo

Comment

Terry,

Jeff Farmer (CFGuy) had the same problem has you had. After a couple of question I was able to reproduce part of the problem. There still something that I need to found with the “log.xml” file that get corrupted.

Thanks,
            Christian

Comment

Working...
            X