Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

What is the "IP for Connection:" property for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the "IP for Connection:" property for?

I can not find which IP address I am supposed to use here. I tried the HS ip address and an unused IP address. Neither worked, I continually received errors and it was a real pain in the butt to get around the errors!
    Attached Files

Kevin,

This is if you have two network cards then you can tell Message Server which IP you want to listen. If you have only one network card then just leave blank.

I will change this to only have this option if multiple network cards are presents.

What is the error you are getting?

Thanks,
    Christian

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Christian:
      Kevin,

This is if you have two network cards then you can tell Message Server which IP you want to listen. If you have only one network card then just leave blank.

I will change this to only have this option if multiple network cards are presents.

What is the error you are getting?

Thanks,
      Christian <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it! Cleared out the IP address and all is stable now. You might want to update your docs with this info.

Anyhow, thank you for your time and reply. Off I go to play!

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X