Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Reconnect doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconnect doesn't work?

I may be doing something wrong. I have the reconnect time set to 30. If I restart the server, the client gets the big X saying it isn't connected. I was expecting that after the 30 seconds it would automatically reconnect. It doesn't unless I click on connect or reconnect. Is that a bug? I would hate to have to go to each client pc to reconnect after a reboot. Let me know what options I have. Thanks.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

No message!

No. The client machine just shows an X on the icon in the system tray. I am using winXP on both client and server machines with homeseer 1.7.43.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Comment

I didn't explain correctly.

All I do
          On the server. Click on "homeseer GUI" Message Server menu. Then click on the settings sub menu which opens a web browser based settings screen. I click on restart server button.

At that point all the clients are permanently disconnected and never re-connect. The same thing happens if I reboot the server. The only way the clients re-connect is if I right click on the client tray icon and click on connect.

The main reason this is important to me is because my server needs to be rebooted periodically and I don't want to have to go to each client to re-connect.

I confirmed that my clients do not have zero on the reconnect field. I varied them from 35 to 65 seconds.
          Last edited by jasv; May 13th, 2005, 09:39 PM.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv
            All I do
            I click on restart server button.

The main reason this is important to me is because my server needs to be rebooted periodically and I don't want to have to go to each client to re-connect.

Comment

Agreed

You are correct. That does work. Everything is ok now. Thanksl
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
              X