This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reconnect doesn't work?

I may be doing something wrong. I have the reconnect time set to 30. If I restart the server, the client gets the big X saying it isn't connected. I was expecting that after the 30 seconds it would automatically reconnect. It doesn't unless I click on connect or reconnect. Is that a bug? I would hate to have to go to each client pc to reconnect after a reboot. Let me know what options I have. Thanks.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

No message!

No. The client machine just shows an X on the icon in the system tray. I am using winXP on both client and server machines with homeseer 1.7.43.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Comment

I didn't explain correctly.

All I do
          On the server. Click on "homeseer GUI" Message Server menu. Then click on the settings sub menu which opens a web browser based settings screen. I click on restart server button.

At that point all the clients are permanently disconnected and never re-connect. The same thing happens if I reboot the server. The only way the clients re-connect is if I right click on the client tray icon and click on connect.

The main reason this is important to me is because my server needs to be rebooted periodically and I don't want to have to go to each client to re-connect.

I confirmed that my clients do not have zero on the reconnect field. I varied them from 35 to 65 seconds.
          Last edited by jasv; May 13, 2005, 09:39 PM.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv
            All I do
            I click on restart server button.

The main reason this is important to me is because my server needs to be rebooted periodically and I don't want to have to go to each client to re-connect.

Comment

Agreed

You are correct. That does work. Everything is ok now. Thanksl
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
              X