Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feature(s) request!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • feature(s) request!

    Heres a couple of features I would love to see:

    Message server client follows the server setup for displaying and hiding devices. My device list is huge, but manageable from the webpage because I hide everything but the devices I regularly use. I can't do this with the message server client, I see ALL the devices. This would be great if the client would hide/view the devices based on what was setup at the server, because this way ALL the clients on the network would display the same devices without having to setup each client individually.

    Second thing I would love to see is client support for the actual devices controls. For example, my thermostat devices has COOL, HEAT, and AUTO settings for the MODE device. However the message server client doesn't support this, and display ON and OFF settings for this device which is not appropriate.

    Hey, maybe these features are already there and I'm all wet, I don't know. I'm running 2.4.188.

    Just passing along some ideas, in general I love the message server plugin for homeseer!

  • #2
    Hide/View devices setting will be very good to speed up for people that have lot devices. I will add this feature shortly.

    The devices control will not be so easy but if I have time I will work on this. If not this feature will be in top priority when I will start the .NET version.

    Thanks,
    Christian

    Comment


    • #3
      features request

      Originally posted by cyvinec
      Hide/View devices setting will be very good to speed up for people that have lot devices. I will add this feature shortly.

      The devices control will not be so easy but if I have time I will work on this. If not this feature will be in top priority when I will start the .NET version.

      Thanks,
      Christian
      If its not too much work the hide/view devices feature would be awesome, especially for those of us with HUGE x10 installations! If you can swing it definetley make it server based because it would be much less usable if I had to setup this at each client.

      Thanks alot!

      Comment


      • #4
        Since we are talking features

        I have a computer in each bedroom for each family member. It would be great if the client could have the ability to "get devices" with a default location that is unique for each client. That way when they click on devices in the tray icon menu it would bring up the devices for their room.

        Seems minor but it would go a long way to get their acceptance of home automation.
        James

        Running HS 3 on Win10 .

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by llcameron
          make it server based because it would be much less usable if I had to setup this at each client.

          Thanks alot!
          Yes that what I did. You will have a new setting on message_server click the option button and the last one "Devices marked hide form view" set this to "hide".

          Originally posted by jasv
          I have a computer in each bedroom for each family member. It would be great if the client could have the ability to "get devices" with a default location that is unique for each client. That way when they click on devices in the tray icon menu it would bring up the devices for their room.

          Seems minor but it would go a long way to get their acceptance of home automation.
          Last edited by cyvinec; July 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            thanks for adding the feature

            I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but thanks for getting this added it will be a BIG help in managing my x10 installation with message server!

            Comment


            • #7
              doesn't work (at all)

              How is this supposed to be installed? I copied the new hspi_Message_Server.exe over the old one in the c:\program files\homeseer directory, and now homeseer (1.7.43) seems to hang when it gets to the "Checking plugins".

              Comment


              • #8
                It took sometime more time then usual when I upgrade but with patience HS will start and will not be long next time.

                Regards,
                Christian

                Comment


                • #9
                  Disable the getdesktop

                  In the client you have the ability to "get desktop" which is really pretty cool but a little bit of a security risk for me. I have clients on all my home pc's (kids and wife) and one at work. The get desktop allows anyone to see what I am doing on my HS machine. How do I disable that or limit it to only certain machines
                  Last edited by jasv; May 28th, 2005, 02:54 PM.
                  James

                  Running HS 3 on Win10 .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    so far so good

                    Originally posted by cyvinec
                    It took sometime more time then usual when I upgrade but with patience HS will start and will not be long next time.

                    Regards,
                    Christian
                    So far it looks like it works, thanks for the feature! I will give you any feedback in case I have trouble with it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      phoneweb variable substitution

                      The phone web variable substitution looks broken now. This use to work before:

                      A call was received at $CallerIDTimeDate by $CallerIDName from $CallerIDNumber

                      Any ideas?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by llcameron
                        The phone web variable substitution looks broken now. This use to work before:

                        A call was received at $CallerIDTimeDate by $CallerIDName from $CallerIDNumber

                        Any ideas?
                        Sorry about that I broke it while trying to make it work with HS2.
                        This version should work.

                        Regards,
                        Christian

                        EDIT: Link removed newest version in the updater
                        Last edited by cyvinec; July 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          seems to work again

                          Thanks for the fix!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Custom device list for each client?

                            I actually like this idea better. My family has an easier time clicking on a desktop icon vs. a trayicon. Thanks.
                            James

                            Running HS 3 on Win10 .

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X