This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable GetDesktop

In the client you have the ability to "get desktop" which is really pretty cool but a little bit of a security risk for me. I have clients on all my home pc's (kids and wife) and one at work. The get desktop allows anyone to see what I am doing on my HS machine. How do I disable that or limit it to only certain machines
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Can do.

By granting full or limited access in the security settings on the server by ip address you can limit who can do what.
    Full access will allow using the editor and the get desktop functions on the client. Message only access will limit the client to only receiving messages and no control functions.

Comment

tman1 is right and in the next build you will have an option if you use the "HS Users" security type.

Regards,
      Christian

Comment

More help

I am having trouble. I've added some IPs with msg only but the settings don't seem to make any differenct. My question. What should the security setttings be? Include, Exclude, HSUsers?

Also, everytime I click on enable the settings contract to the buttons only. I tried hitting the apply but the enable/disable radio buttons always show up as disable.
        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Comment

Sorry for the confusion

Sorry to be vauge. I want to have some pc's have msg only access and some to have full access. I tried to do what you online help but nothing seems to work. Also, I take it the permissions part of your online help is "future"?

Whenever I click on the security enable radio icon it always goes back to the disable radio button. Any chance you could give me step by ste instructions such as
            Step 1. Add users with msg only security
            Step 2. Click on include
            Step 3. Click on the security enable radio
            etc.

BTW, I did the above and it did not seem to work even after rebooting hs and reconnecting my clients.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Comment

Can you use DNS name instead of IP

I have a domain with DHCP. Can I use the DNS name instead of hard coding the IP?
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv
                  I have a domain with DHCP. Can I use the DNS name instead of hard coding the IP?
                  No for this only the IP will work.

Christian

Comment

That explains a lot

Thanks that explains why I couldn't get it to work. Thanks.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X