Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message Server "Lite" or "Portable" Client?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message Server "Lite" or "Portable" Client?

Christian, I've been looking at this plugin for some time now and am considering giving it a try. The feature that would sell me, though, is a what I'll call a "lite" or "portable" client.

What I mean by that is a client program that can be installed to a USB drive nd installed on that drive by a non-administrator, power-user, etc. Several "thumb-drive" enabled apps have been released lately and I think that Message Server's client is a great candidate.

Think about it, if this functionality is possible, all you'd have to do is pop your thumb drive into your work computer or a friend's computer and "pow" instant client, and the best thing is when your done, you don't leave anything behind.

Do you think this is doable?

Thanks!
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

John,

Yes I think is doable and there a topic about something like that here.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=103659

You will need to make sure that the controls are installed and the client will be good to go. I will take a look and make a little something to make sure the files are presents and install them if needed instead of trial and error with the client.

Regards,
    Christian

Comment

Thanks christian. Those posts mentioned manualling installing some files in Windows' System directory, which is a no-go on a non-admin account. Everything needed will have to reside on the flash drive in order for tis to work.

I may try intalling the client on to my flash drive at home and then try it at work, there's a chance those files could alread be on my work PC.
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
      X