Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Server command going to too many clients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server command going to too many clients

I have an event whereby when there is no motion in a particular area I have a touchscreen shut off. I do this via:

&hs.Plugin("Message Server").ClientMonitorOff (Basement)

I just installed the client on a second PC. When message server shuts the monitor for "Basement" off it is also shutting off the monitor for the other PC. Do I have some incorrect syntax? Using HS 2.0.2041 and the MS beta from the updater. Clients are (I think) 2.4.x

Comment

No I don't, but I am not sure it would work as the second PC has power saving stuff enabled and "Basement" does not. FWIW, basement is a Win 98SE machine and the other is XP Pro.

Comment

I am going to resurrect this thread. I have now verfied that both the monitor OFF and the monitor ON commands go to all PCs. Can I send via IP address rather than name?

Comment

Working...
        X