Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

How can I send "Home" key to Internet Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I send "Home" key to Internet Explorer

I have been playing with the keys function and can get it to work fine with with a program like calculator which always has the same window title.
    How can I do that with Internet Explorer as the window title changes with each website it visits?
    I want to be able to bring my kitchen laptop PC back to the Home page at a given time.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

how about a windows scheduled task to open ie at time x to page y
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Never mind, I figured out how to do what I wanted.
      Let me explain further...
      I have a laptop in the kitchen that serves as my HA access for the wife. It normally has an IE webpage up, but when someone rings the doorbell I have message server load up a webpage showing the cameras I have watching the front and back door so we can see who rang the doorbell. If that page stays up indefinitely the program serving it up (VisionGS) sucks up more and more memory. I finally remembered that the screen it puts up does always have the same name, so I am able to use Message Server to send an Alt-Home key to bring the page back to my normal home page.
      I was trying to solve the problem looking at generic IE webpages while forgetting that the one I want to close does always have the same name.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
      X