Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Message Server Broken Since HS 2.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Server Broken Since HS 2.1?

Since upgrading to HS 2, I haven't been able to change message server settings.

Is Message Server even supported under HS2?

I use it for remote script editing and testing and haven't been able to access the plug-in over the Internet for some time now. I'm pretty sure this started after installing HS2.x.

-- Steve

Steve,
    Just a point but you can now edit your scripts via the HomeSeer interface now that it's all web based.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Christian,

I'm unable to change any Message Server settings.

Any change I attempt reverts back when the page reloads.

I'm running:
        HS 2.2.0.0
        Message Server 1.4.0.274

-- Steve

Comment

Steve,

Did you enable the plug-in in the HomeSeer interfaces?
          Do you have any error in the log?

Christian

Comment

Funny you should mention that. Last night, I was installing another plug-in and noticed that Message Server wasn't enabled! I enabled it and restarted HS (to complete installation of the other plug-in) but I'm still not able to change any Message Server settings. I can access MS on the local network and the Internet but I'm stuck running the server on port 90.

Since MS wasn't enabled all this time, why was the plug-in button visible?

If I have time tonight, I'll try reinstalling Message Server and see what happens.

--Steve

Comment

Working now under HS 2.2.0.6

Christian,

I ended up building a new machine for HS to reside on and just installed Message Server (manually) only to discover that I still could not change MS settings via the Homeseer UI.

Since the plugin was working with its default settings I decided to try and change the server port by editing the Message_Server.ini file in the /config directory. I restarted Homeseer and noticed in the log that Message Server had started on the new port. When I went to the HS web UI to verify I found that I'm now able to change and apply (save) settings! Don't know what happened but it's working fine now.

I am sorry to see that you no longer offer Message Server. Despite the fact that HS2 offers script editing capability and a speaker client, I prefer the Message Server text editor, even when developing scripts locally. For example, when I receive a script error in HS and the log reports what line the error was in I have to copy the script text to a third party text editor so I can see line numbers whereas the Message Server editor has line numbers and colors also. It also makes it much easier to copy and/or reuse sections from existing scripts when working remotely.

Thanks for a great plugin and all of your hard work.

-Steve
              Last edited by Xtension; April 21st, 2007, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X