Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

message to one client only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• message to one client only?

I have been using this excellent plugin for a long time. It is an excellentaddition to Homeseer.

My problem now is that I have usually sent messages to all of my clients at the same time.That works flawlessly. But I now have tried to send individual mesages to individual clients and that doesn't seem to work. I either have to have the messagepopup on all clients, or if I try to send to one client in particular no message gets sent.( i tried by name or by ip withno diff) The client shows up on my client list,but I can't get a message to it.
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Just to elaborate:

If I send a message to all clients (by leaving the space blank) thenall theclients getthemessages, but when I try to send amessage to one client only Idont get the message acccross?

Any suggestions?
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Just so you won't think it's something you are doing wrong.

I am seeing the exact same thing.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I am not seeing this using the script function what are you using to send the message?

Thanks,
        Christian

Comment

I'm using the add event and then fill in the blanks for message server
          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

With HS1 or HS2?

Comment

Me too, HS2

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              Just so you won't think it's something you are doing wrong.

I am seeing the exact same thing.
              Don

Comment

I'm using HS2.

I just verified what you said, the script function does send out messages to individual clients. But if you create an event using the event boxes it doesn't seem to work unless you send out a universal message to all clients
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

No I'm still running HS1. I don't know for HS2.

No problem HS1

Thanks,
                  Christian

Comment

jjsmd,
                    Can you paste an example that you are using in a script.

I have several scripts using similiar to this:
                    PHP Code:
                    s=hs.Plugin("Message Server").messagetoclient "Test","Caller-ID",1,1,0,"HomeNGo" 
                    It doesn't work. If I leave off the "HomeNGo" it does send the message but to every client.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Forgot to post that I am using HS 2 as well.

Christian,
                      Come on up to version 2. I finally upgraded a few weeks ago and it went really well. No complaints.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

If I remember correctly, the last change I did was about something like that after a Windows updates.

My server is old (PII) running Win98 and HS1.

I will be on vacation next week so I will try to fix that or I am very close to have the .net beta version available to. I will go with the fastest.

Regards,
                        Christian

Comment

I just put this in a 1 line script

&hs.plugin("message server").messagetoclient "this is a test","title", , , 1,IBM_LENOVO

and it did work as a script. but the events still don't work
                          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Christian,
                            I am willing to wait for the .net version.
                            Keep me in mind for testing your new version. I use the Message Server plugin for a lot of things. E-Mail Reminders, HSTV Reminders, Caller-ID and Voice Mail Notification. I'd say Message Server is by far my most used plugin.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Any further news on this problem?

Thanks
                              jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X