Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Message Server .NET Beta Testers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Server .NET Beta Testers

If you are a Message Server user having one hour or so this weekend and are interested to test Message Server .NET.

My goal is to have a version comparable with what you are running (some exception that did not make it to .NET). I will be available for quick fix (if I can) via email and msn chat from Friday 7:00 PM to Sunday 1:00PM with some little naps interruption for still being able to think. Once you are running the .NET version I made a script to get the beta update easily. Running a script from an event and restart HomeSeer could not make it easier. The scripts editor is not finished just the minimum to edit a script it’s like another program that I have to write I will do this right after everything run smoothly.

I first said one hour but it could be less if you are only using couple of events to send message and control the device from a client.

After if you decide to keep running the .NET version you will have a 2 to 3 weeks advance before it get to the updater again.

<hr>
    Send me an email or private message.

Your Message Server usage:
    When you are available to test:
    The number of client you are normally running:
    The Version of HomeSeer you are running:
    Do you use the Agent on the client:

Best regards,
    Christian
    Last edited by cyvinec; August 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM.

How did the tests go?

Tim
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

No, Im from Iowa. I only work in outer space. Captain Kirk

Comment

No body did the test but I founded couples of bugs since that time.

Regards,
      Christian

Comment

Christian:

Please don't think that there is no interest because of a lack of beta testers. I love this plug in but haven't had time to test it.
        Don

Comment

I agree with Don,

Message Server is by far my most used plugin, but this summer has been abnormally busy for us. My son is starting college so we have been doing a lot of family things together all summer. I haven't been on the computer near as much as normal.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Ditto, I have been away, but if you still want it tested I can do it this weekend.

Joe
            jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Hi,

I will not be available for quick fix this weekend but I will make some files available plus a package to go back to the vb6 version easily if you need.

If someone would like to test the .NET version sends me an email or private message before Friday 9:00 PM and I will send the instruction for the update.

Best regards,
              Christian

Comment

Good Good Good!

Holy Crud! Wow

Just started messing with it - very nice!!!!!!

~Bill

Comment

Bill,
                  I am continually amazed at how much this plugin does.

The name, Message Server, doesn't do it justice.

You can remote edit (scripts, ini files, web pages, etc ) files on the HS server from any client with permission to the editor.

There is a chat server built in so the remote clients can IM each other.

I use the plugin with HSTV to pop up reminders. I use it to popup caller-ID and with Jon00's email package to pop up new email when it comes in.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                    Bill,
                    I am continually amazed at how much this plugin does.

The name, Message Server, doesn't do it justice.
                    Heck, it was a speaker app before HS 2.0 and its speaker app!

And now with the .NET 2.0 it doesn't need to be 'installed' per say, just run it from a My Documents or a jump drive from work if you want.

~Bill

Comment

I got the 2 zip files but what are those 2 pending.txt files? When I go to that URL all I get is a line that says

Message Server Plugin,HSPI_MESSAGE_SERVER.dll,.,3.0.0.6,15,2,homeseer.com,/updates3rd,HSPI_MESSAGE_SERVER_3.0.0.6.zip,4,$39.95,Christia n Yvinec,Message Server,ms.gif,http://www.cyvinec.com/message_server

what am I supposed to do?
                      Last edited by cyvinec; September 3rd, 2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: fixed url
                      jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I've been hunting for this plugin for eons, but I've never seen it in any incarnation on the updater.

Can someone point me to a link for at least the VB6 version?
                        I'd also be happy to test the .NET version.
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The plug-in will be available in the updater in about 3 weeks.
                          I will be in vacation the first week of October and will do the final preparation (help file, web site and more)

It’s not that I don’t want to send you the files but I don’t have time for support right now and for you to have the best experience as possible would be fair to at lease help you getting started if you have problem.

Regards,
                          Christian
                          Last edited by cyvinec; September 16th, 2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X