Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Client hangs on copying files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client hangs on copying files

I have the client installed on an old Win98SE laptop that I use to power a touchscreen. When the client starts it hangs on a screen with a dialog that states "Copying Files" and never gets beyond that point. Client connect on other PCs (Vista). MS 3.0.1.41 and HS .135 I have tried reinstalling the client to no avail. Any idea?

Comment

The client on the Win98 machine has the same date stamp as that which is in the link (August 2007)

Comment

Hmm.. for grins I replaced all the client files on the Win98 machine with fresh copies from the plugin even though dates are the same. When I start the client I know get a message that the client is out of date and when I initiate the update it fails. The same client runs fine on my Vista OC and I *think* the clients are OS neutral.

Comment

I installed the newer beta you just posted and then the client from that beta and now the laptop is connecting again.

Comment

Working...
          X