X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powering Barometer HobbyBoard off of Temp08 or 05

Mitch,

I want to power my Barometer Hobbyboard off of the Temp05 or 08. Currently all of my devices off both boards are using the terminal strip and power to both of the devices (Temp08 and Temp05) is ~12VDC (I am using the 12 alarm style battery to power them). Can I switch over to a 1amp 15VDC PS instead to power both of these devices? Can I tap into PIN 1 (15VDC) of the RJ-12 making a RJ12 cable to an RJ45 cable PIN7 (15VDC) to go to the Hobbyboard Barometer?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Sounds like you could do this. TEMP08 is not overly sensitive to the input voltage and can accept up to 30Volts wihtout a problem (the rating of the 7805 regulator). Be careful with other devices being powered off of TEMP08 though!

Mitch
    http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Hello Mitch,
      Added another external PS for Barometer instead. Now wanting to install the Hobbyboards Temp/Humidity/Solar device. Looking at installing it on either the Temp08, Temp05 and U9097 (X2). What device would you recommend installing it on?

Pete
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I believe the Temp05/08 will handle the Temperature and Humidity, but will not do the current measurements used for solar reporting. If you do want solar indication then the DS9097 is what you will need. Mitch can correct me if this is something that has been added in more recent Temp08 firmware.

Comment

Michael is correct. Neither TEMP08 nor TEMP05 support the current readings required for the solar sensor.

Mitch

Comment

Thank you Mitch and Michael.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Midon View Post
              Michael is correct. Neither TEMP08 nor TEMP05 support the current readings required for the solar sensor.

Mitch
              Are you going to support them in the future?
              Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

I'm thinking about support the current measurement on the DS2438 which is where the solar sensor provides data. Have already prototyped it and inclusion will depend on how much code space I have left in TEMP08 once I finish the fixes on the 2405/6.

Mitch

Comment

"Current" reading is supported on TEMP08 v2.15 and later. The output looks like this:

PHP Code:
                  Voltage #16[3D0000004CC69826]=01.91V 05.20V 01mV 
                  The last parameter is the voltage from the register connected to the VSense current inputs of the DS2438. The voltage will represent the current flow across the resistor connected to the VSense terminals or the voltage input to those terminals, in the case of a solar sensor.

Mitch

Comment

Is the voltage line output produced when the ds2438 is configured as a barometer? If not how does a user setup to use all features of the hobby-board humidity/solar device?

Comment

The output shown above is available when the DS2438 used is confiugured as a Voltage device.

Mitch

Comment

To be clear for potential users of the Hobby-Boards Baro-Temp-Solar device ...

The device can be configured with Temp08 to be used as a Temp-Baro or a Temp-Voltage, but not a Temp-Baro-Voltage.

In the Temp-Voltage configuration then new firmware feature to provide the Vsense input will not be available to the user unless they provide their own interface software until existing software (e.g. Temp08 or mcsTemperatuer plugin) is updated to support the new Temp08 format.

Comment

Working...
                        X