This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data framing error???

Just added the mr26a and sent some signals to it. i keep getting errors saying it recieved an invalid character or it detected a data framing problem

whats going on???

Hi, Killer:

The MR26A does not have a means to receive data. The receive-data (RxD) pin on the connector only drives the LED.

But the MR26A is powered by the modem-control lines, so if the computer is toggling modem control before/after you send data, it may be powering the MR26A on/off.

Also, on a "normal" serial device, framing errors are usually a sign of an incorrect baud rate.

Here is a schematic of the MR26A, if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco
      Hi, Killer:

The MR26A does not have a means to receive data. The receive-data (RxD) pin on the connector only drives the LED.

But the MR26A is powered by the modem-control lines, so if the computer is toggling modem control before/after you send data, it may be powering the MR26A on/off.

Also, on a "normal" serial device, framing errors are usually a sign of an incorrect baud rate.

Here is a schematic of the MR26A, if it helps.
      Ok, i most likely misspoke. I bought the WGL Designs W800 X-10 RF Receiver Kit. I want to use it to receive signals from my motion detectors. I have no idea what you said above, any idea on how to go about fixing it?

Comment

Oh, OK. Different animal. So nothing I said applies, except maybe the baud rate.

Comment

can anybody help me on this??

Comment

So are you using an MR26A or W800? If it's the W800 I would move this request to that forum because hardly anyone uses the MR26a any more. If you move this request you're more likely to get a response.

Also do a search on data framing. It seems others have seen this as well.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Why do you think nobody is using the MR26a anymore?

I still use mine and know of others that do as well. I just wish HST would fix this crappy plugin or release the code so others could update it to 2.0.

I tried the ACRF for a month and it worked perfectly and significantly faster (i.e. near instantaneously vs. 15-30 secs for the HST plugin).

Still, as of this moment, the MR26a is on HST's supported HW list. I don't see how supplying this horrible plugin is considered "supported".

gk

Comment

GregKing,
                There hasn't been a help ticket on this plugin in the last 7 months so if it were so bad I would think we would have seen at least one ticket?

Also I stated "hardly using" so please keep the facts straight. There are a few an apparently they are not having problems.

If it's as bad as you are eluding then we would either have seen help tickets or no one is using it? The help desk is the barometer for problems.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Actually, to be factual, you said "hardly anyone".

I didn't think a help ticket was needed since the problem has been discussed before. I assumed HST was aware of the problem.

I will create a ticket.

gk

Comment

Working...
                  X