Slinke and Powermids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slinke and Powermids

Has anybody used Slinke and powermids??? I am looking to control my window blinds with powermids. I got that part working fine, now I need to interface the powermids to HS. I own a Slinke which controls my Sony CD changer but that all I use it for. I have my Slinke intergrated into HS but that is it. If it will not work w/powermids, will HS allow two IR devices interfaces (ie Slinke and Ocelot or USB UIRT)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Mike,
    If the slinke can send an ir signal then it should work with the powermids because they simply transport IR signals from remotes that are pointed at them.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, I did some research and read the online help for my SlinkE. It will learn IR commands and transmit them. I load E-Z learn and I tried to learn the remote with the PowerEase bind control. It look like it learned the command because it showed a sine-wave but when I try to play it back, it did not work. At first I was just using the TX only (easy) and then I tried the TX/RX but neither worked. I tried a short and a long press of the remote but neither worked. The Powermid red light blinks when a command is sent but the blinds do not move. If I use the remote and powermid w/o slinke it works fine.

Should I be using the TX only(easy) or do I need to use the TX/RX. Also, am I missing anything. I am holding the remote about 6 inches away. maybe I should try it further away?? Has anybody done this before??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Im not familiar with the slinki. I use a USBUIRT but when I do the learn I need to have the remote closer then 6 inches. Also I had to make sure the IR led from my USBUIRT is close to the powermid transmitter in order for it to transmitt the correct code.
        John

Comment

Johnny:

Thanks for the information. I have tried all distances but no luck. I have ordered an IR emitter to see if that is the problem. I found one at the bottom of a box in the basement so I do not know if it really worked. I should have it in a couple of days and I will see what happens.

- Mike

Comment

OK, new xantech emitter did not work, Sony mouse emitter and another unknown did not work. I tried different Feq ranges from 25k to 60k and still no luck. It would be nice to know the Freq. range of the remote but it is not listed on product or directions and nothing on their website. I can not believe that it is that tough. It looks like it learns the command, when I test it, the Powermid red led blinks but nothing on the other end. (it test fine w/the remote and the powermids.)

I am lost now.

Comment

Update

OK - I tried the setup w/o the powermids (computer - Slinke - Power Ease blind control.) and it worked perfectly. Now the question is why the emitter is not triggering the powermid. I can point the remote at it and it works fine but not the emitter. Do you you place the emitter directly on the powermid or do you space it?

I was incorrect in the earlier post that the powermid was blinking. It was the emitter that was blinking. (I can blame the wife for that).

Update:

After opening the remote up and reading the circuit board, I noticed that the emitter/transmitter on the remote was clear/white not red like the emitters I was using. I plugged in a dual emitter that I have and now I am getting the powermid to blink but not moving the blind control unit.

Damn, I am getting confused.

Comment

mbreeden,
                I don't want to step on your toes but let me ask a basic question. Are you connecting the emitter to the powermid receiver (part without the antenna)? I have one power mid on the end table and it is so powerful it will control the receiver behind a shelf.

Comment

Rupp:

At this moment, you can jump up and down on them and not hurt my feelings. I am attaching the emitter to the powermid w/o the antenna. The one w/the antenna is in my office w/the power ease blind unit (test only)

I can press the remote at the one w/o the antenna and the PE unit turns. (no slinke involved)

I can move the PE unit into the room w/the SLinke and have the emitter attached to the PE unit and it works fine that way.

but when I attach the red emitter to the Powermid w/o antenna the emitter blinks but the powermid does not and the PE unit does nothing.

I attach a emitter (no name) with white/clear shell and the Powermid flashes but the PE unit does nothing.

aggghhhhhhhh

Comment

mbreeden,
                    I had this EXACT same problem. You MUST get the emitter directly over the little Ir receiver inside the powermid when using it at this range. I used a flashlight and found the Ir receiver. It under a mesh looking thang in the lower right of the power mid receiver.

Comment

Rupp:

I think you just saved my marriage. My wife said it was over if I asked her one more time to check and see if the light flashed on the powermid!!!

It worked perfectly!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. If you are ever in sunny Buffalo, I would love to treat you too some wings and a beer/wine or whatever your poison.

- Mike

Comment

Glad you got it going.

Comment

Hi
                          I am new here so please let me understand what I need to buy to make it work
                          HS on PC
                          And what kind of equipment to allow me from my HS on pc in different room comtrole all IR controlled equipment in my TV room?
                          <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210517_021937910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	1475852Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210517_024053381.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	1475853
                            Originally posted by mbreeden View Post
                            OK, I did some research and read the online help for my SlinkE. It will learn IR commands and transmit them. I load E-Z learn and I tried to learn the remote with the PowerEase bind control. It look like it learned the command because it showed a sine-wave but when I try to play it back, it did not work. At first I was just using the TX only (easy) and then I tried the TX/RX but neither worked. I tried a short and a long press of the remote but neither worked. The Powermid red light blinks when a command is sent but the blinds do not move. If I use the remote and powermid w/o slinke it works fine.

Should I be using the TX only(easy) or do I need to use the TX/RX. Also, am I missing anything. I am holding the remote about 6 inches away. maybe I should try it further away?? Has anybody done this before??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
                            Hi,
                            Bought PowerEase Motorized Blind Remote adapter to motorize the blinds but never used due to health reasons. Selling them if anyone interested. Ships from Texas.
                            Total Master Units - 19
                            Total Add-on Units - 29

Comment

Originally posted by shaurya View Post
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210517_021937910.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	1475852Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210517_024053381.jpg Views:	0 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	1475853

Hi,
                              Bought PowerEase Motorized Blind Remote adapter to motorize the blinds but never used due to health reasons. Selling them if anyone interested. Ships from Texas.
                              Total Master Units - 19
                              Total Add-on Units - 29
                              Hello,
                              You will want to post these in the for sale forum. This message board also doesn't allow 3rd party links so you will need to post your contact information as well.
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...tomation-items

Comment

Working...
                              X