This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerTrigger Beta 2 (1.0.2) is Up!

A new PowerTrigger is available via the Updater!

• Alert Overrides now obey the Offset option
    • Page Name now more consistent
      • Consequently Events using Alerts will need to have the Alert re-selected after updating to this version. This is not expected to happen to alerts again.
    • Device Logging now can log to, process and graph from CSV file
      • Parse numeric from a device value or string
      • Various conversions may be performed on it
      • Write to log or to Excel/PowerTrigger-compatible CSV, and to device string
      • Read CSV value and calculate Average, Min or Max values of a device there-in, over a specified period of time, writing result to a Device String
      • Graph out one or every device in a CSV file over a specified period of time (see below.)
      • Previous PowerTrigger Log commands are deprecated.
    • PowerTrigger button on main U.I. now goes directly to Config screen; help is a button on that screen.
    • X10 Mappings (Bridging) now list destination device name
    • X10 Sequences can now completely ignore specified House Codes

The device logging/charting can be used to do things like convert incoming temperatures to more usable ones (F-C, C-F, *10, etc.), create averages, minimums and maximums, and to of course chart the results. As in...

There is one known issue, which is already fixed in dev code: The ability to write the calculated-and-logged file to a device string is not working. The Avg/Min/Max write-to-device-string does work. This shouldn't impact much, but the feature is nice if you receive Farenheit values and wish to display Celsius without scripting... for example because your TempLinc only outputs integral changes, and F are smaller than C.

Sequence question

Wow. This is getting very sophisticated.

I tried out the HC ignore list for X10 sequences, but discovered I don't know the format and didn't see an entry in help. I tried a comma separated list of codes: A,B,C, but could not enter more than three. Is there a way to specify a range?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Just enter the letters to ignore. Don't need commas. E.g. "ACDF" Those are the codes to ignore.

Comment

Thanks. That seems to work. The list seems to be limited to about 8 entries (which is enough for my situation). It also appeared that after entering the list I needed to mark the save button, then click on Go to save the list. Is that correct? I loaded a defined sequence first, too, to be on the safe side. Is that necessary as well or does a sequence not get saved if it does not have a name?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Sequences need names. Otherwise you can't use them as triggers in the Events page because they wouldn't be listed.

Comment

More detailed reply... no, you don't need to write a sequence to save the House Codes to ignore. But yes, to save it, you must ensure "Save" is selected, which it usually will be, and press "Go". Regardless of the failure to actually save the sequence (for example, no name or bad code), it will save the house codes to ignore.

I didn't forsee more than eight skippable house codes being needed. That is, after all, half of all the X10 house codes. I can make it bigger trivially and it really doesn't impact anything.

One sequence can be saved without a name. (They're saved by name, so a second would just overwrite the first.) But naming them makes them a lot easier to use and debug. I could change the code to check for no-name, if it seems to pose an actual problem.

Comment

Not exactly sure why, but the smart timers dont work with Insteon Groups. This is a real bummer. Dont know why, but I can do whatever you need to help troubleshoot.

Comment

Forgive me for my ignorance; my experience with Insteon was short and unpleasant. What precisely do you mean by "Insteon Groups"?

Can you create an event to act on the Insteon Group, test that by running it manually, and then have the PowerTrigger SmartTimer call the event?

Comment

An Insteon group is used to turn several devices on or off by sending just one command. So if you have a three way switch setup, you can create a group that would include both switches, then just send a group on or off and it would keep all the switches in sync.

I have done just what you have stated. I tested it with x10 lights and then also with just a single insteon devices. both of those work perfectly. On the group, I see the log for Powertrigger to turn the light off, but it never does.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
                    More detailed reply...
                    Thanks for the extra insight. I often find that understanding the details helps me make the most of the capabilities.

BTW, I am really looking forward to making use of the file logging and graphing. I think it will be especially useful in helping to differentiate subtle differences in activities that can be used to set up event trigger conditions.

Thanks again for a really useful plug-in.

Comment

Silly question: How do I get my devices to send data to CSV? I created a test.csv, no data goes in. Does there need to be an alert? How do I get started on this?

thanks

Comment

I figured it out. Action in events. Nice!

Comment

That was quick! I have added a bit more explanation to the help file for the next release. Which is coming soon with:
                          • "Since Midnight" by request
                          • A sanity check on HSM100 values, due to some freaky temperatures coming from mine.
                          • Improved label layout
                          • Fix to the inability to store some calculations to a device string/value.
                          • Other help improvements.

Comment

Techno,

As I am moving, my HS PC is off, so I cannot get any documentation, etc. I have been VERY curious.

What does the charting do? Can you have it chart ANYTHING? As in values, ON/OFFs, etc.?

Is there a place I can get the documentation to read on the updated version of this (I was using your first released rev.).

As I said, I do not have access to my HS PC as I am in the process of moving.

Thanks!

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Most of the documentation is currently part of the program embedded in the help, although the updater notes are pretty comprehensive. You can chart on and off by using the Set 1 and Set 0 in the logging Action; that's what they're for.

Basically it's a two-step process.
                              • Set up an event to log the desired value (see below), for example recurring or on a received X10 or on Device String or Value change
                              • Either in the same Event or another recurring Event, set up an action to Chart the CSV file - either one or all devices found in it.

The logged (to CSV) values are either the device Value or a parsed number from the Device String, operated on by either unity, to F, to C, Divide by 10, or any combination of those, or set to 1 or 0.

The parsing simply looks for the first number. So a Device string like "Hall way temp: 12.3C" would result in 12.3 as the number, which could then be operated on and logged.

Charting graphics either one specified or every device in the CSV file. Since you can specify which CSV file to log to and graph from, you could have many such files for different purposes. You can also chose what timeframe to graph - e.g. the last hour, last day, last month, etc. The next version (sometime this week) also includes "Since Midnight".

It's a lot easier to use than all the power makes it sound. Basically just tell it to log a device using the drop downs in the Action screen, and then tell it to chart it using the drop downs again.

Comment

Working...
                              X