This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on shutdown

I don't know if this is significant or not, but I needed to shut down HS twice today. (Both times were for reasons unrelated to HS.) I noticed that both times during the shutdown sequence there was this message:
    12/13/2007 12:20:22 PM ~!~PowerTrigger~!~Thread Loop exception Thread was being aborted.
    It doesn't seem to be causing any problem, but thought it might mean something.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

All it means is that PowerTrigger has a background thread that didn't pay any attention when it was told to shut down. It doesn't do any harm.

Since you like the extra detail...
    The way I fire the Alerts, Randomizers and SmartTimers is by spawning another thread to watch for them. This thread doesn't fire very often; it spends most of the time in a Sleep state. So when you shut down HomeSeer, it doesn't get the notification in time, even though it's been told to abort. But since it's really not doing anything at the time anyhow, it doesn't matter.

I could fix the problem, but this is a case where the most obvious cures are worse than the disease, imposing complexity or a long delay in shutdown for no gain except not logging that message.

Comment

Technocat,

I believe you could easily suppress the error message by using the following:

PHP Code:
      Try
      Catch 
      ex as System.Threading.ThreadAbortException

' do nothing
      Catch ex
          ' 
      process error that you should be aware of...
      End  Try 
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

That (converted to C#) sounds worth a try. I didn't assume it was being sent from inside PowerTrigger. Thanks!

Comment

Your welcome! Now if HST would use that in their shutdown procedures, I wouldn't keep getting a message regarding the email thread being aborted. No big deal but I have tried to prevent the error messages simply to avoid having to explain them .
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
          X