X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graph feature requests

Great plug-in!

I've just started using it and had a couple of ideas for feature requests.

Almost all the graphs I've produced so far have been from some time in the past until now. It would be good to have the last value (presumable the most recent) present somewhere on the graph. It could be in the right margin right alongside the most recent point, or it could be in the description along the bottom: Bedroom temp (72.2)

Another request. It would be great to add a user configurable size for the produced graph. 640x480 produces sometimes jaggy lines and text.

Thanks again!

Gayle Snedecor

Thanks. I considered allowing selection of the chart size, but put it off to get the thing out sooner and because it added complexity to the U.I. I will consider adding it back in.

I will think about where to put start and end values.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
      Thanks. I considered allowing selection of the chart size, but put it off to get the thing out sooner and because it added complexity to the U.I. I will consider adding it back in.

I will think about where to put start and end values.
      we appreciate it man.. liking this so far.. i dont have any uses for much of the other features of powertrigger but for the logging...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Ironically, the features I use most are, in order:
        • Alerts - every day that controls our wake-up cycle.
        • X10 Translation Bridge, so X10 Palm Pads can control our Z-Wave lights.
        • X10 Sequences
        I use the graphs for review, but not nearly as often.

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor View Post
          It would be good to have the last value (presumable the most recent) present somewhere on the graph. It could be in the right margin right alongside the most recent point, or it could be in the description along the bottom: Bedroom temp (72.2)
          Like this? Has the first, last, lowest and highest values. (New version coming soon.)
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks Great!

Wow!

That would be a really good addition to an already great plugin!

Let me know if you need a tester.

Gayle Snedecor

Comment

Techno,

Would it be hard to have the mapping also go out to extended characters?

I know Zwave uses letters after P...however, my UPB uses [. Would it be possible to try to map to that?

I'm not in ANY rush, nor have any way to help test right now (keep in mind my automation server is down until I move).

However, would be willing to bounce around ideas or ways to resolve any issues you run into (I've been known to throw around a few lines of code here and there).

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                Techno,

I know Zwave uses letters after P...however, my UPB uses [. Would it be possible to try to map to that?
                Dan, if you update the HomeSeer Wiki entry for UPB with the characters that can be used as house codes in the next day or so, I'll add them for those purposes. I'm only vaguely aware of UPB myself, and given that it costs $40 over the cost of HomeSeer and hardware for the plug-in, I probably won't play with it much but I'm happy to make it easier for others.

Comment

Great update! Fixed fat fonts, added 1st, last, min, max too!

Tony,

I think your csv logging and graph building portion of your PowerTrigger has the potential to be it's own PowerGrapher!

Thanks for adding the first, last, min, and max values. As you can see, they're looking great!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor View Post
                    Tony,

I think your csv logging and graph building portion of your PowerTrigger has the potential to be it's own PowerGrapher!

Thanks for adding the first, last, min, and max values. As you can see, they're looking great!
                    when will the new version be released?!?!?!?!? I like how that looks!!
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I'm finishing up a CSV compression feature - basically turn a zillion points of data per day (which many of you seem to have) per device into a lot fewer after a certain number of days to keep performance up. And I figured the HomeSeer guys would take the week off, which appears (based on my RMA status) to be correct. So towards end of next week probably.

Comment

Techno - a great plug-in! Thanks for doing this.

I've got another graph feature request (WAF related): Is there any chance of rotating the x scale labels 90 degrees? It's pretty hard to tell what the existing horizontally labelled scale refers to now. A date/time stamp stretches across many data points, for instance.

TIA,

Mitch
                        http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                          Dan, you really gotta meet me half-way here! I have no idea what characters to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Midon View Post
                            Techno - a great plug-in! Thanks for doing this.

I've got another graph feature request (WAF related): Is there any chance of rotating the x scale labels 90 degrees? It's pretty hard to tell what the existing horizontally labelled scale refers to now. A date/time stamp stretches across many data points, for instance.
                            There's a grey tick going from the axis about 1/8 of the way up on the point of that time-stamp. My fear is that if I rotate it, I will be overwriting the chart data itself.

Comment

Here are some....

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
                              Dan, you really gotta meet me half-way here! I have no idea what characters to add.
                              Tony,

Some I have are:

$ ( [ \ ] &

In addition to A-Z, of course.

Most are created by plug-ins that don't give you a choice of house codes you'd like to use, just request a free one from Homeseer. I'll bet Rupp or one of the HS crew can tell you which characters are available to be used as HS house codes.

The &ampersand really gave some plug-in authors fits, as it is used heavily in a lot of Micro$oft stuff to set off and identify special characters, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X