This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with my graphs

My graphs seem to be a little different than some I see here. My text seems to be bolder and more jagged. Also, my colored text seems to have some black background bleeding through.

I've attached a recent .png to show what I'm (poorly) describing.

Is there some type of configuration I'm missing, or perhaps a font file I could be missing?

Thanks,

Gayle Snedecor
    Attached Files

here are a few more for ya to compair with..

The forever one is really weird....

well I just dont know how the 4ever is......

I am liking this...
    although I have a different question which I am going to ask in a new post....
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Snedecor, it looks like neither of the two fonts PowerTrigger tries to load were there. Which is interesting because I think the first choice is Arrial Narrow and the second is Tahoma. What operating system is this on?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
        Snedecor, it looks like neither of the two fonts PowerTrigger tries to load were there. Which is interesting because I think the first choice is Arrial Narrow and the second is Tahoma. What operating system is this on?
        think there is a way to query the fonts on the system and have you choose that in the setup?

that would be cool...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Possibly, but again that raises the U.I. complexity quite a bit. I chose fonts that are supposed to be essentially universal. I'll add a more generic font selection fallback in there if we determine that the problem is indeed that his system lacks the font.

Comment

XP MCE, SP2, all M$ patches in place.

My system is pretty much Vanilla XP Media Center Edition. I have Arial in about 10 flavors, and Tahoma. My

I'm thinking it must be something in IE. My settings in the FONTS tab were set to Times New Roman, and I set them to Arial Narrow.

When I pull the .png up in Irfanview, other than being black background, the fonts seem better, but when I pull them up in html (img src) they come up bolded etc.

I converted the .png to .jpg and uploaded it, as well as the original .png.

Snedecor
            Attached Files

Comment

IE shouldn't have any impact; the fonts are those on the HomeSeer server, not in the web browser on the client. Is HomeSeer running on your XP Media Center box?

Comment

Yes, HS running on XP box.

IE shouldn't have any impact; the fonts are those on the HomeSeer server, not in the web browser on the client. Is HomeSeer running on your XP Media Center box?
                The thing that gets me, is if you look at the two pictures above, the fonts in the .png opened directly in a graphics program (the black background) have nice thin fonts. The .png opened via calling from a web server (img src=xxx.png) somehow gets "rendered" into white background, and thick fonts.

weird...

Thanks for the help.

Comment

I'm not positive, but I think there are different TYPES of fonts and that one type... which isn't consistently available in every font on every version of Windows... looks a lot better than the other. I've put a lot of work into making it look better now, have tested it under both Vista and Server 2003, and hope it should look better on your system too.

Comment

Thanks.

Tony,

Let me know if you'd like me to do any pre-release testing.

Regards,

Gayle

Comment

Fixed!

Tony,

The testing release you sent me fixed the problems with my fonts displaying strangely. Also, the "on the fly" .aspx you sent me works well.

Here's a sample of my fixed graph:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor View Post
                        Tony,

The testing release you sent me fixed the problems with my fonts displaying strangely. Also, the "on the fly" .aspx you sent me works well.

Here's a sample of my fixed graph:
                        are you doing the ds18s20 tied to the hot side of the copper pipe?

Comment

Created "thermowell" down into tank.

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                          are you doing the ds18s20 tied to the hot side of the copper pipe?
                          Actually, what I did was create a thermowell out of 1/4" tubing and some fittings, and added a large tee to get access to the water in the tank,

See this following post for a picture....

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...116#post793116

Comment

Working...
                          X