This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerTrigger 1.2 is UP!

PowerTrigger V1.2 is on the Updater. This version primarily changed the CSV/Graphing interfacing, adding:
    • Entirely New: CSV Browser ASPX interface: Create/view charts and view data on-the-fly via the HomeSeer web interface. This gives you two ways to graph the data: into a static file for inclusion in another page, such as your home screen, built via script, and via the new /csvBrowse.aspx interface. Screenshot below.
    • New "truncate" and "compress" CSV functional callable by Event Actions, to help keep performance up. (See the manual for detail.)
    • Charts now include the Start, End, Min and Max value for each device in the legend...
    • which now grows as needed to provide a separate line for each device.
    • Correctly locating CSV files even when HomeSeer is run from the Desktop.
    • Parse decimals correctly from CSV even in Holland where the radix is a comma.
    • Added support for more distinct chart-line colors, to support more devices being charted. (Some of y'all have a LOT more data-collection devices than I do!)
    • Lots of work on improving the graph and text quality.

What this doesn't do yet...
    • When converted numbers repeat too long, they write past the other numbers in the legend. The next version will truncate them.
    • The dates have a grey tickmark for them on the axis, but that apparently is essentially invisible to many people. I am still determining how to solve that.
    • Additional visualizers are coming.
    But the next release is probably six weeks off.
    Lastly, read the manual. It has many examples and warnings. And enjoy. It's meant to be fun.
    Attached Files

sorry dude I didnt get to try it out yet...
    with xmas, new years and my bday (today) I have had no time!!!!!!!!!!

but will check it out though....

highly appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

You've obviously gone the extra mile with this project and I for one
      would like to thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into this.

Will try it too as soon as I can, but I'm too busy right now.

Too many goodies, too little time...

Comment

I cant get the csv browser running....

tried fining file... csvBrowser.aspx...
        I searched my machine and the only place the browser shows up is
        homeseer 2\updates2\power trigger 1.2.0.0

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
          You've obviously gone the extra mile with this project and I for one
          would like to thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into this.

Will try it too as soon as I can, but I'm too busy right now.

Too many goodies, too little time...
          I just hope he went out and got that beer on my tab....

Comment

Ok so I got your email the other day.. didnt get to try it (sent money over for that beer and tip gets ya to be a beta tester... )

anyhow.. I took the files you sent me and followed your instructions...
            I used the updater and it said to restart HS. I restarted hs and it said it was good.. but the aspx and dll were not there?????

but working now!!!!!!!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I'll double-check the installer tonight. I did test it, but if the files are already present, the installer may not delete pre-existing ones. Update in about six hours.

Comment

I found the problem. The install.txt I tested with isn't the one that made it into the package. I've asked Rich to put a new one up; until then you can simply copy from the install zip the following:
                • csvBrowse.aspx goes into homeseer\html
                • csvBrowser.dll goes into HomeSeer\html\bin

Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat View Post
                  I found the problem. The install.txt I tested with isn't the one that made it into the package. I've asked Rich to put a new one up; until then you can simply copy from the install zip the following:
                  • csvBrowse.aspx goes into homeseer\html
                  • csvBrowser.dll goes into HomeSeer\html\bin

Sorry about that.
                  no problem man... sorry i didnt test it earlier.. but if i would have I would have just dropped the files so it would not have tested the updater....

looks good I love this now...
                  the only question I have is look at my screenshot... doesnt the far lower left look like the numbers and text run together?
                  I will add more temp sensors but not until summer..... what is the max you have tested on one chart???

Comment

Yes, there is an area where the text overlaps a bit. It's hard to beat for the money, though, isn't it?

I changed my mind about fixing just the installer. Tomorrow a new version (1.3) will come out with:
                    • Fixed Installer Error
                    • Changed small ticks for datestamp on charts to full gridlines for visibility.
                    • Added some additional house-code characters to allow for X10-to-Insteon and X10-to-UPB translations.
                    • On CSV Charts, prevent start/end/min/max values from overwriting their allocated space by limiting each to five characters.
                    • Removed some debugging logging.

So you the grid-lines, at least, to look forward to.

Comment

Techno,

Did you ever implement being able to read the remaining time on a timer?

Thanks!

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Actually, thinking about it, even if it was not a command, but a status webpage that just reported a snapshot (when you loaded the page) of all the SmartTimer events.

That would really help debug (at least how I think I'm going to use this).

--Dan
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

What is it you're wanting? I'm confused, but also behind since I don't currently have HomeSeer controlling anything. (Moved two months ago, set up UPB, and it's links handle much of what I need anyhow.)

Comment

Sorry, basically, I use a script I call updateEvent.vb

It does basically what your SmartTimer does. However, to save me some work, I'd like to use your SmartTimers for some stuff.

What I found useful in debugging code, etc. was to be able to manually look at what is out there (timer wise) and what is left. A simple "status" webpage would be what I'm after. i.e. you open the page and it just lists a STATIC view of the timers and what is left of the time.

My updateEvent script basically does the same thing, but does not work with Events (at this time). So, for executing events (delayed) would be really nice.

I guess I should poke through your documentation, but is there scripting commands to add/delete/etc. timers?

BTW awesome idea!!

Comment

Bumpity bump?

Comment

Working...
                              X