This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double tap light switch possible???

Ok so im going to start putting my 23890w light switches in soon..

im curious... could one use powertrigger to tap a togglelinc switch up... so say C1 on... turns bathroom light on... tap it again and is c1 again... then turns on an appliance module C2 in the bathroom fan?

I figure it can.. but just double checking....

then I was thinking of doing this with my ceiling fans in each bedroom... that would be cool... use X-10 PRO (XPFM) In-Line Appliance Modules for the fan.....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/X-10-PRO-XPFM-In...3286.m20.l1116
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Ok so im going to start putting my 23890w light switches in soon..

im curious... could one use powertrigger to tap a togglelinc switch up... so say C1 on... turns bathroom light on... tap it again and is c1 again... then turns on an appliance module C2 in the bathroom fan?

I figure it can.. but just double checking....

then I was thinking of doing this with my ceiling fans in each bedroom... that would be cool... use X-10 PRO (XPFM) In-Line Appliance Modules for the fan.....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/X-10-PRO-XPFM-In...3286.m20.l1116
    I think you should will be able to do this. Some of the older switchlinc (paddle type, not toggle type) switches would only send the signal on to the powerline when the switch changed state. If OFF and you turn it ON, it would send that signal on to the powerline to be picked up by Homeseer, but if you pressed ON again it wouldn't send another ON to the powerline. I just tried this with my newer togglelinc style switch and it does send a second ON even if the device is already ON.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
      I just tried this with my newer togglelinc style switch and it does send a second ON even if the device is already ON.

cool.... which togglelinc switches do you have?

I have the 2 way... 23890w...
      the other switches I have are 1 way so wont work with that.. I use ds10a and motion to control them...
      23894w, 23895w, 23896w

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

cool.... which togglelinc switches do you have?

I have the 2 way... 23890w...
        the other switches I have are 1 way so wont work with that.. I use ds10a and motion to control them...
        23894w, 23895w, 23896w
        The one I tested was a 2-way, I don't remember the exact model but it's a 2389x non-dimming model. I know that much.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
          The one I tested was a 2-way, I don't remember the exact model but it's a 2389x non-dimming model. I know that much.
          ahh thanks... that would be 23893.... only the 0 and 3 are 2 way... everything else is 1 way...

Comment

Techno,

Sorry for bring up an older thread...but I had a use where I have two devices
            [27 and [56. I'd like to setup a sequence, but your plugin does not accept them.

Any idea?

Thanks!
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,
              Perhaps not what you are looking for, but could you add an action to each device? If so, have each one send an X10 signal to a non-existent device (eg. [27 On has an ExecX10 "P3", "On" action, [56 On generates ExecX10 "P3", "Off") , then use those as input to a PowerTrigger sequence P3On-P3Off?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                Techno,

Sorry for bring up an older thread...but I had a use where I have two devices
                [27 and [56. I'd like to setup a sequence, but your plugin does not accept them.

Any idea?

Thanks!
                It accepts two of a single code. You're asking for [26-[56? Why not just catch that in a script?

Comment

I don't even really remember what I was trying to do. I must have worked around it somehow...as I don't know what I meant by that!

especially since [26 and [56 do not seem to appear in my item database any longer...oh well!

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

wow cant believe im bringing this up... i actually never did anything with this....

so still.... i have the need now...

i just put a z-wave appliance module on my fish tank light...

i would like to hit my x10 togglelinc (F4) up twice and turn Q8 on (fish tank light)
                    then
                    F4 off twich and turn off the light....

so i havent had powertrigger working in soooooo long... i thought it was mainly only for charting... it does event controls too?
                    gonna install it and check but if anyone has done the double on double off.. id appreciate in hearing in any experience...

thanks
                    jeff

Comment

so how do i set it for

F13 on twice = Q8 on ?

i cant figure this out....

Comment

I ended up writing a script that handles it.

I still use powertrigger for RF boxes, but for my UPB stuff, I ended up using a script.

I'll probably convert the rest of the powertrigger stuff over to the script, as I've actually been pulling away from relying on plugins. Just gives me more flexibility.

If you would like, I can try to dig up the code. Post the snippet. It's really pretty easy.

Created an event that works for "set on". Call the script. The script checks for the existence of a variable. If it doesn't exist, it makes it using the current time.
                        The next time you "set on" the script will check for the variable, it DOES exist. What is the time difference between then and now. If it is greater then 10 seconds, ignore it and re-set the variable with "now()". If it is less then 10 seconds, reset the variable with "now()" and execute your "triggered" code.

You do have to learn to slow-tap, but that's applicable with almost any setup.

so, instead of double-tap, you would tap ... wait 1 sec ... tap

I will say, the power of powertrigger is it's ease of use. The MAIN reason I developed the script, and reason for the above "I'm pulling away from plugins" is that the powertrigger didn't support doubletriggers from "strange" devices. I.e. I couldn't have Powertrigger, triggered from UPB. I could from RF palmpads and other X-10 housecode stuff (i.e. a letter), but not from things with !@#$%^&* as housecodes. So, for you, maybe you'll want to stick with Powertrigger (again, ease of use / quick to setup).

My method (at least with UPB) is also limited to having a SHORT trigger time. For some reason, when I startup Homeseer, the simple act of reconciling the status of all the switches, triggers my script. It seems that the system took ~20-30 seconds to do this. So, as long as my script is only waiting for less then 10, I do not end up triggering my "double-tap" scripts enough times to execute the logic. I discovered this, because I was developing the code and testing it on a switch...the code was set for a LONG period (30 seconds). I had installed an update on the server, reset the machine and my "double-tap" code was executing...took me a while to realize what was going on.

I was going to have a delayed thing get executed in the startup to cause a wait so none of the double tap code ever got executed upon startup...but after I changed the value to 10 second for delay, haven't had an issue...so I gave up on that need.

--Dan
                        Last edited by drozwood90; September 22, 2010, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post

but not from things with !@#$%^&* as housecodes.
                          appreciate the response.. yeah i dont mind the slow double tap.. that is what i want...

not only does powertrigger not seem to support those characters.. I also didnt see any virtual x10 codes so it only supports A-P and not Q-Z

so yeah i guess i can change my Q8 to F8 but im starting to run out of x10 house codes....believe it or not.... as i have alot of x10 and i use 1 per device..and device letter is room.... like k for kitchen, f for formal living room, l for living room, etc....

Comment

so how do i set it for

F13 on twice = Q8 on ?

i cant figure this out....
                            It's not terribly intuitive, is it?

Creating a sequence trigger using Power Trigger is a three-step process.
                            Step 1: Select 'PowerTrigger X10 Sequence' as your trigger in the Event trigger screen. (see below)
                            Step 2: Click on 'Add/Edit PowerTrigger X10 Sequences' (Ignore the 'Sequence Label' drop down.)
                            The resulting configuration screen is very dense, but in the third section there is a box labeled 'Sequence Name'. (Screen shot is at the end of this post.) Insert a name you want to give to your sequence, say "Fish Tank Light ON".
                            Then in the drop-down boxes immediately below, select the sequence you want, e.g. F 13 On and F 13 On.
                            Be sure the 'Save' button is selected next to the name and click on the 'Go' button.
                            Step 3: Return to the trigger screen, and select the name you just created in the drop down.

(Once you have saved a sequence, you can use it again by simply selecting its name from the drop down, but if you want to use a new sequence, you have to create it before you can use it.)
                            Attached Files
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                              It's not terribly intuitive, is it?

THANKS! Ill give that a try tonight... and yeah... doesnt take much to confuse me!!!! hah... for some reason that config screen didnt vibe with me... i had no clue... was lost in my own little world (although i just finished 2 pints ((yes pints)) of red wine) so things may have seemed a little different.... and i gave blood a day before so seemed the wine hit a little quicker too!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X