X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sequence creation redux

A couple of questions.

First, I was unsuccessful in getting an event to run from a sequence.
    1) From the powertrigger screen, I built a trigger called Power Test 01 with A1 On and A2 Off within 3 seconds.
    2) I built an event to trigger from Power Test 01 to speak a few words.
    3) From within homeseer, I moded A1 On and A2 Off within three seconds.
    4) The event didn't run.

The event did run manually.

Second, does power trigger only handle two sequences? I assume the way to increase this is to create a virtual switch that is turned on with the first sequence and then that switch is used as a condition in the event for the second sequence.

Thanks, as always, for any help in either matter.

Seth

I believe PowerTrigger sequences are designed to trigger on recieved X10 rather than status changes, though I could be wrong. To emulate an X10 command you could execute a couple of immediate script commands, such as: [hs.ExecX10 "A1", "On"], then [hs.ExecX10 "A2", "Off"] (probably with a short delay between).

As far as longer sequences, you'd probably be better off writing a script to handle those, but your idea of using a virtual device is a clever alternative if you have just a few cases you need to cover.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yep. That was it. And the X-10 remote worked well. So it the virtual switches. I created two virtual switches to engage temporarily on a two button sequence and then added a condition. By doubling up, it allowed me to have a six-button sequence on the remote. I put the remote outside, affixed to the door frame and voila, I have an X-10 door access keypad for $18. And I can code it for certain times of the day/week for the maid.

Comment

Working...
      X