X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Divide by 100, 1000

TechnoCat:

I know you've moved on from this plug-in (and evidently Homeseer in general) but I have a need if you still have interest.

As many of the values of my devices are stored as integers, getting them back to their real, floating point state requires dividing by 10, 100, or 1000, depending on the resolution of the data.

For example, my CurrentCost power monitor's watt variable stores the actual watts as an integer (56160), and the real value is of course 561.6 . I'd like to store these data in a CSV logged with PowerTrigger, but the only options are to convert between C and F, divide by 10, or set to 1 or 0.

It would be great if you could add "divide by 100" and "divide by 1000" to the list of options available. That way we would be able to store the data as it is.

Thanks for the consideration!

Gayle Snedecor

Hi! I thought that was in there. I'll have to check.

I'm still planning on moving back to HomeSeer and PowerTrigger, but my schedule and new house, plus move to UPB, haven't been too friendly to it. HomeSeer doesn't support UPB natively. I installed the plug-in, noted that it needed UPB-Start's setup, and didn't touch HomeSeer for over a month; now I would have to pay $20 just to see if it will help. (Or maybe I'll write my own plug-in.)

On the other hand, UPB links eliminate a lot of HomeSeer needs. No remotes - need PowerTrigger even more - but the hard-links are nice. I've had 2 DOA switches though, which at $70/ea adds up, in the 14 or so I've tried to install.

Comment

As a work around, what I do is just make a temporary device. Then I send a divide by 10 to that. Then I sleep for 3 seconds. Then send a divide by 10 to the device that I want the REAL value in.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I know that you have moved on from Homeseer - hope everything else is well with you.

Any chance of getting this feature added - divide by 100?

Alternatively I wonder if you'd consider donating the source code for this excellent PowerScript add on?

Comment

Working...
        X