This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

translations not working

I installed power trigger mainly to control zome zwave devices using x-10 codes. I have it istalled but when I try a translation it does work, I see nothing in the logs either. any suggestions?

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
    I installed power trigger mainly to control zome zwave devices using x-10 codes. I have it istalled but when I try a translation it does work, I see nothing in the logs either. any suggestions?
    is this forum dead?

Comment

Are you using X-10 RF, and if so, how is the RF interfaced with HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        Are you using X-10 RF, and if so, how is the RF interfaced with HomeSeer?
        I am using a w800 interface on serial and the AC-RF2 plugin.

I also noticed that if I control the source manually on the web page, same result
        Last edited by vince954; November 8, 2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

does anyone look at these?

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
          I am using a w800 interface on serial and the AC-RF2 plugin.

I also noticed that if I control the source manually on the web page, same result

Comment

It's possible that no one else uses that feature. The plug-in author is no longer active on the board, so it is unlikely he will see your posts. Unless someone else has found a way to use the translations feature successfully you may be on your own to figure it out. . .or not.

I don't use z-wave, but I created a test device at R10 and then a translation map in PT from P4 to R10. When I turned P4 on, R10 turned on as well. The HS log lines are:

11/22/2012 8:45:37 PM Device Control Device: X10 X10 Chair Lamp (P4) ON
            11/22/2012 8:45:38 PM X10 Received P4 (X10 X10 Chair Lamp) P On
            11/22/2012 8:45:38 PM Device Control Command sent to X10 X10 Test: R10 On Dimval: 0 Data: 0
            11/22/2012 8:45:38 PM PowerTrigger Translating P4-On to r10 On
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Not dead, but not active.

Homeseer doesn't always get Z-Wave events. It does always get X10 events. So the translator works from X10 to ZWave but, unless the event hits the interface, can't go the other way.

Comment

So the first question is, does HomeSeer see the incoming event you want translated?

(And I've now subscribed, so I should get notifications. )

Comment

Working...
                X