This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-In Is Now Open Source

HST has decided to make the RCS X10 Thermostat Plug-In available via Open Source. At this point, I will not be providing any new releases nor will the plug-in be available from my website.

You should be able to find a version in the HomeSeer Updater or obtain a version that has been updated by one of the developers taking advantage of the open source.

Note that this should be a positive step. There has already been some interest in working with the code and one developer is considering porting the code to .NET for HS 2.X users.

I will still moderate this forum and answer questions regarding general functionality of both the stat hardware and the basics of the plug-in. Obviously, if major design changes are made by the open source developers, you will need to wait for a response from those developers.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Hi Jim,

Where is the code located. I am using the serial version & we have not heard from Cadilackid since Feb. I would like to see how hard it would be to port the x10 version over to serial as well as to .NET 2.0.

Comment

Don't know anything more than what is posted in the Open Source Forum. I have not signed up nor do I intend to. I will continue to moderate this forum however I will be limited in my ability to fully answer any questions regarding open source versions later than 2.0.128.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks, Jim.

Comment

Gee Jim. I was about to upgrade from 1.7.44 to 2.1.x. I have 2.0.107 working like a charm but was thinking about upgrading to the latest with the new version of HS should I need. Can I please the last cut you've created just in case I need it this weekend?

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Beta 2.0.128 can be obtained here but has a problem with polling (which is unnecessary with AutoSend working reliably). This is the last version that I can provide.
            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks Jim. My autosend has always been 100% reliable.

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

First off, thank you for creating the plugin in the first place and thank you again for all the effort you've put into supporting it.

I suspect the decision you've made wasn't an easy one, most plugin authors probably create them out of personal desire for the functionality instead of commercial reasons and cutting your "child" loose isn't easy. The shear number of messages in this forum is the proof that your plugin is popular, and unfortunatly, also proves just what kind of support mess a plugin can drag the author into.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
                  Beta 2.0.128 can be obtained here but has a problem with polling (which is unnecessary with AutoSend working reliably). This is the last version that I can provide.
                  Jim, I'm running 2.0.0.105 right now and I get a bunch of polling log messages plus one that says I'm not in AutoSend mode. But I can't find where I enable AutoSend mode. Can you give me a few tips on this issue? BTW: your readme sticky which is closed has a bad link in it.

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
                    Jim, I'm running 2.0.0.105 right now and I get a bunch of polling log messages plus one that says I'm not in AutoSend mode. But I can't find where I enable AutoSend mode. Can you give me a few tips on this issue? BTW: your readme sticky which is closed has a bad link in it.
                    Right click on Thermostat Control Interface (Windows or Web) which will bring up context menu to change properties such as AutoSend.

I just tried link and it worked for me.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks for the help on that right-click thing. Also, to be more specific, the fourth thread in this forum, "RCS X10 Thermostat Readme" has a link to the file which is http://www.doosoft.com/rcsx10therm/h...tat_Readme.htm

This link gives me a 404 (not found) error?!?!? I've also browsed around your site and coudn't find the doc.

Comment

Note that you should have a local copy of the readme file in the HomeSeer Docs folder.
                        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks for all your help, Jim. I'm pretty close to getting it all together now except for a couple of small details. I upgraded to 2.0.128 and once HS gets everything going, there's a small window for the RCS thermostat in the bottom left corner of my screen (just above the START button). I can't minimize, restore, or maximize it, just close. Why is it there and is there a way to hide it? Second issue is that when I bring up the thermostat in the web browser interface, a right click doesn't show "properties" and the display is grey and it can't be changed. It all works ok by going through the menu bar of the HS event log to get to the thermostat. I deinstalled and reinstalled with the same effects???

I know your plugin has gone "open source" and I've actually tried to see if I could find it and figure out how to work on it myself, but I think my skills aren't sufficient. Where can I find some docs on how-to-work-with-the-open-source-plugin? And what kind of skills/apps are required?

Comment

Hi Jim
                            I'm new to the plugin - just downloaded 2.0.105 using updater a few weeks ago. I see reference in this thread to 2.0.107 (Langenet) and beta 2.0.128. Where/how is it possible to get 2.0.107, or should I just go to 2.0.128. It's the word "beta" that's bothering me about just jumping to that. Was 107 "production" without the "polling problems" you mention for 128? Thanks for any help here. After struggling to get two stats working (pretty well) I can appreciate the effort it takes to support these things in view of x10 protocol issues.

Comment

I left all non-Updater builds on my website. If you know the version number you wish to try, then they can be retrieved via http://www.doosoft.com/downloads/RCS...rm_X.X.XXX.exe where X.X.XXX is the desired version number.

I would not necessarily let the Beta term bother you but search the board or ask other users for a recommended build. I believe 128 may be a really good one.

Note that most of the issues have not been X10 itself but the way RCS implemented X10 and some quirks with getting full two-way communication. These issues plague different firmware versions differently and some users have encountered little or no issues.
                              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                              X