Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

RCS setpoint "has been at" event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCS setpoint "has been at" event

Does anyone know how to trick homeseer into creating an event to do the following.
    I would like to have homeseer raise the temperature if the setpoint has been below a certain number for a certain period of time.
    Example
    Setpoint below 83 degrees for 20 minutes change setpoint to 83.

I'm sure I could write a script that could do it.... I think it might be easier than that though. If setpoint is below 82 then set a virtual device to on

then... another event that if the virtual device has been on for 20 minutes set the temp to something else, and reset the virtual device to off.

I've got about 5 beers in me, so if that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try and explain better in the morning.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Your beer induced thinking is fine! I would add a couple of caveats though - make sure that the event does not trigger repeatedly by having it check for the temperature being below the level you want, AND having the condition that the virtual device is OFF. That way, after you turn it on, it will not keep triggering repeatedly while the temperature is below that point.

Have a separate event manage turning off the virtual device because if you have the 20 minute event do it, then it gets turned off ONLY when it exceeds 20 minutes. If it was below (or above) a certain temperature for only 10 minutes, it won't get turned off, thus guaranteeing that it will trigger every time. So, if one event turns it on when the temperature is below 83, have another one turn it off when it is 83 or higher. Your third event then is the one that triggers based upon the virtual device having been on for at least 20 minutes.
      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
      X