This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TXB-16 Problem...Jim?

I have been struggling with trying to initialize my TXB-16 for a few weeks now. I have a Pro-100 which has been using the RCS X-10 plugin with no problems until I moved the Pro-100 to another location. I disconnected and bench tested the thermostat as per RCS support and all seems fine. I can send X-10 commands via the control page or a maxi controller and the thermostat responds perfectly. My smartlink indicated a X-10 signal quality of 135-136. Everything else on the system works just fine. I have replaced the TW523 and tried the Doostat plugin to no avail. My log reads "Unable to retrieve stat mode, temp, setback" ect. When I click "ACK, Autosend ect and press save / close, when I reopen the config page these settings are no longer selected. I do not know whether these modes are being changed or not. Either way Homseer tries to initialize three times and gives up. I am at may wits end. Jim, can you be of any assistance? Thanks

Try shutting down HS and then editing the thermostats.xml file in the DATA\DooStat file using NotePad. Manually edit to enable ACK, AutoSend, and Echo. Save file and restart HS.

If this works, then there is an issue with the settings update. You should have seen log entries mentioning that plug-in is designed to work with ACK and AutoSend enabled. If you saw these messages, then the plug-in thinks they are not enabled.
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim, How exactly do I do this?

Comment

If you need to ask, then I better lend you a hand. Might be easier for both of us. Reply and attach your thermostats.xml file in the DATA\DooStat folder and I will check it out.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks Jim!
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry wrong file!
            Attached Files

Comment

Shut down HS. Copy this attachment to DATA\DooStat. Restart HS.
              Attached Files
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim, I copied the file as instructed, however I still cannot initialize the thermostat. ACK, Echo and Autosend is checked. The log reads...

Heat setpoint unknown
                Cool setpoint unknown
                Plugin supports only decode table P and B
                Unable to confirm echo set to on
                Assume echo set to desired setting
                Unable to confirm autosend set to on
                Assume autosend set to desired setting
                Unable to retrieve current temperature
                Unable to confirm thermostat mode
                Unable to confirm fan mode

Any suggestions? Thank you

Comment

It appears that the plugin can't communicate with the stat.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What X10 commands did you send? Were they preset-dims or unit code ON/OFFs. These stats can be finicky with regards to preset-dims and the plug-in only works with the preset-dims.

You could try sending a preset dim from HS Control Panel that makes sure that ACK Message Mode is enabled. The command can be found in the preset dim table in the manual. Be sure to use 1 less than the manual preset level because HS uses 0-31 and RCS uses 1-32.

If HS cannot control with preset dims, DooStat will not be able to control.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim, I sent on/off commands to change the mode, setpoint ect... While the plugin is trying to initialize I can see alot of J5 3%, J5 6%, J5 10% ect being sent from the plugin. Ido not see any pre dim commands listed in the manual, they seem to list only the on / off commands.

Comment

Jim, Through HS, I have been able to control the stat using preset dims with no problem. I plugged in a Smartlink to monitor the line and began initializing the stat. I saw a J5-0% (Request Temp Status), followed by a J15-39% (80 degrees). After three attempts the log read "Unable to aquire current temperature". Every time I sent a request status, I got a proper reply. It seems that the stat can send and recieve presets, but the plugin does not see them or they are going to the wrong place. Any suggestions? Thanks

Comment

If HS can talk to the stat with preset dims, I do not know why the plug-in cannot. I get virtually 100% initialization every time with both my TXB-16 and TX015B stats with this same version.

Which version of HS?
                          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Try enabling DooStat's debug log within its Options. It should indicate whether it is seeing the stat's response to preset dims sent by control panel as well as changes made at the Wall Display Unit (if AutoSend is enabled).
                            Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                            My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim, After I turn the logging on, where do I find the log?

Comment

Working...
                              X